Tillerson lashes out at Trump, says 'Lies are a threat to democracy'

Rex Tillerson, in one of his first public appearances since being fired by President Trump by tweet, said truth is the cornerstone to democracy. “When we as people, a free people, go wobbly on the truth even on what may seem the most trivial matters, we go wobbly on America,” Mr. Tillerson said. “If we do not as Americans confront the crisis of ethics and integrity in our society and among our leaders in both the public and private sector — and regrettably at times even the nonprofit sector — then American democracy as we know it is entering its twilight years,” Mr. Tillerson warned.

Maybe we’ll see more of this kind of stuff from the people Trump dumped.

Would have been nice for him to have been more vocal while working for the day-glo dump truck.

Well, he did call him a moron. :slight_smile:

He’ll still never get rid of the stench of Trump on him.

Rex is a stand up guy who tried to help Trump be successful in order to help our country. Because of his integrity, he got fired in the most humiliating way.

That’s our current state of affairs.

Russian collusion is the biggest lie in recent history… That must be what he’s talking about.

So, now you guys feel an evil former oil exec is the embodiment of truth, justice and the American way? I’m stunned, stunned i tells ya!

1 Like

Why wouldn’t I? Rex’s a Republican, like I am.

Don’t think so.

“When we as people, a free people, go wobbly on the truth even on what may seem the most trivial matters, we go wobbly on America. If we do not as Americans confront the crisis of ethics and integrity in our society and among our leaders in both the public and private sector — and regrettably at times even the nonprofit sector — then American democracy as we know it is entering its twilight years."

You don’t have to have any opinion on Rex Tillerson to agree with this statement. Do you agree with the statement?

1 Like

oh, Perhaps the constant lies from the leftist media?

Silly argument. He got burned by Trump.

You are constantly squawking about lies from the leftist media. What are some of these lies?

Anything related to Russain collusion. Which is all they talked about for over a year, now…

what lies. mueller is investigating collusion. that is a FACT.

Every single thing reported about Russian Collusion is a lie? Why doesn’t Trump or any of his associates sue for libel? That would stop it.

1 Like

Seems like he’s investigating old stuff about Manafort to me… Nothing about Russia, that I’ve heard…

Remember when they told you they wire tapped Cohen…

This. Don’t get me wrong, it’s better late than never. But Tillerson’s words would have carried a lot more weight had he uttered them while he was still riding shotgun in Donald’s Mendacity Wagon.

Yes I remember that mistake, the correction, and the unsuccessful attempt by the right to use that to discredit the media.

Care to guess why nothing is being done by anyone involved in this investigation to stop the “lies?” Or would you like to attempt another failed attempt at answering a question with a question?