Tiger Woods & Presidential Medal of Freedom

Strange no one started a thread.

I am opposed.

An especially meritorious contribution to the security or national interests of the United States, world peace, cultural or other significant public or private endeavors.

What has Woods done for the country?

He won the masters on a course that at the time didn’t allow black people to play on it.

1 Like

Robert Lee Elder

He’s a business partner of Donnie’s so it’s good for the Trump brand and future business opportunities for the both of them.

2 Likes

Never said he was the first to play.
the award has been watered down it really doesn’t mean as much.
we have an similar award in Canada.

What have Meryl Streep or Tom Hanks done for this country?

Obama deserves a lot of blame for cheapening this award by giving it to so many celebrities.

But by announcing Tiger Woods would receive it immediately after he won the Masters, Trump really did jump the shark.

Nothing.

From Wikipedia: “It recognizes those people who have made an especially meritorious contribution to the security or national interests of the United States, world peace, cultural or other significant public or private endeavors.”

It can be argued Woods contributed culturally, I suppose.

Uh if you followed golf you would know he just won the Masters and is still black

I believe he also brought Sex Addictions into the limelight. Who knew?

1 Like

Nuh-uh, as has been pointed out many times in these threads in the past, Tiger is more white than he is black.

He has won it more than once

That’s racist.

Neither of which benefits the country.

I wonder what you’d be saying if Tom Brady was given the award. Here’s a hint; you wouldn’t saying ****!

It’s not complicated. Trump’s Tiger Woods designed golf course in Dubai opens this year. Need to jack up the prices now and change all the signs and websites. Presidential Medal of Freedom!

Cha-ching! Looking out for #1!

2 Likes

Five times!

The same award went to 3 other golfers in the past: Palmer, Nicklaus, and Stifford. I don’t recall complaints then.

Nothing.

They’ve all cheapened it with celebrities. Radio-movies- TV- sports.
Go read the list

The award isn’t worth a cup of coffee.

2 Likes

What was he doing there? He should have boycotted it.
Back in the 50s and 60s a number of performers refused to perform in a segregated venues.
Sonny Liston wouldn’t box in a segregated arena. He caused several of them to integrate.