Thug Culture State of Mind

I respectfully disagree. One can be a habitual offender with no element of thuggery.

Thuggery requires an element of wanton and unnecessary violence. Savagery. Depravity.

1 Like

Did you not read the last paragraph?

Yes, I did. My reply was directed at the first paragraph.

Okay.

Well, people who spend their days out on the streets ruining things for their neighbors, befouling their own nests as it were, are to my mind classic thugs. They can just be stealing from people down the street or trying to bully some clerk or selling drugs … not much difference between them.

Thankfully there are very few D&D style murder hobos around (“adventurers”).

By contrast a self proclaimed thug who never thugs isn’t much of a thug … even if they are a rapper or else go and post about their street creds on some internet forum.

OK, the 3 white guys that attacked Kyle Rittenhouse was thugs.

3 Likes

You just said it…Saved me the trouble of explaining it to you and getting into the 100 question game.

Thank you for this example of a two white thugs. They’ve been arrested and I’d wager will never see the light of freedom again…as it should be?

The blatant disregard for human life while considering your own to be of greater importance…all while committing a violent act against another.

1 Like

What were the elements of savagery in your case?

Shooting someone isnt savagery enough??? Was that necessary violence? How about his reaction after?

“Bystanders video shows that after the shooting, Roger Nobles Jr. re-entered the truck while his father waited for the light to turn green before “calmly” driving away.”

No, it’s not.

There we go! You seem to feel I disagree with you; I don’t.

Rest In Peace, young lady.

What 15-16 years old? Shot over 20 times. Savagery.

2 Likes

Beaten to death…

Link

He shouts about reparations for something he never was as if that should balance the scales for his killing a young lady over a mere hundred. He would have done well to just be quiet, rather than give the prosecution his keister wrapped up in a bow come time for sentencing.

1 Like

Interesting. Not what I would call “normal” criminal ranting.

Angry radicalized ranting.

Funny thing about nursing bitterness in your heart: it doesn’t actually (directly) harm those you are bitter at but in the meantime you’ve proverbially coddled this burning torch in your bosom like it was a baby and not proverbially really done a number on yourself if you keep it up.

1 Like

Pretty specific.

Bitterness may start specific, the harm it causes is like a pot boiling over.

I meant the rant.

Oh, my bad.

Still, it may be an artifact of how he became so angry, a wedge issue that became the seed for his anger and his obvious sense of entitlement.

1 Like