Thoughts ofthe Other Supreme Court Justices

That’s a unicorn.

:wink:

I generally disagree with both his interpretations specifically, and his judicial ideology in general.

Bush v. Gore wasn’t about partisanship.

The substantive part of the opinion was 7-2.

1 Like

What I find to be so sick about this is that DEMs intentionally destroyed Kavanaugh’s life as well as Ford’s life. And then when Kavanaugh had the audacity to fight back, DEMs changed their narrative to Kavanaugh’s temperament.

I strongly believe DEMs have no clue about the outrage they have unleashed. I predict it will cost them dearly in the mid-terms.

I use my wife as an example of what DEMs can expect.

As I mentioned in prior threads, my wife has no interest in politics and over the last 40 years or so I can only remember her voting one time.

To my astonishment, she was riveted by the last two weeks of the Kavanaugh proceedings. I’ve never seen her so angry as she was at the way Kavanaugh was being treated. She made it very clear that she wants to go with me to vote in the mid-term elections. She asked me if there was an option to just vote for all Republicans. In that regard I will be voting in my first mid-term ever, and I suspect there will be large numbers of Republicans feeling the same way.

1 Like

In 1982 amongst that group of teenagers, that is exactly what it was. Its immaterial what it is referred to today.

No it wasn’t.

How would you know exactly?

Because I’ve been around frat boys and I know what the Devil’s Triangle is. I also have played plenty of drinking games in my time and none of them were called the Devil’s Triangle.

In 1982 with the group of people Kavanaugh hung out with?

I’m not that gullible and neither are you.

Unless you were a member of that group in 1982, you can’t possibly have any clue what they believed at that time.

Again I’m not that gullible and neither are you.

???

I don’t care for the playing dumb bit.

Renate Alumnus

I simply have no clue what you are referring to with your gullible statement. I wasn’t a member of that group in 1982 and neither were you. You can pretend to know exactly what they were thinking at the time if you want, but I won’t.

I’m referring to you and I. Not sure how that wasn’t clear.

I don’t have to pretend. His stupid Devil’s Triangle explanation is nonsense.

Don’t bother arguing. The talking point he used is well circulated amongst those who follow CEC. Best do something more constructive with your time.

I’ve been on this forum for 10 years now, I’m done trying to convince anyone. I only post on this forum for fun.

Ted Kennedy and Chris Dodd probably came up with the second use of the term.