This Trump/Wallace interview on Fox is awesome

Yeah, not Pelosi.

Fessed up? No. Rationalized.

The President wears a mask.

OK rationalized. So ■■■■■■■ what?
We are where we are, now.

As for the “President” wearing a mask, I listened to his verbal diarrhea yesterday. You did, too.

1 Like

Forget the lies of the past? “Trust me now, I love you?”

Hard thing, winning trust back.

It’s not just the cloth face coverings.

My daughter is an RN an got her first N95 mask since February last week. She was told not to expect any more for awhile.

It’s what happens when the president and VP both refuse to lead by example, even suggesting masks were being worn to “signal disapproval” against them, AFTER they issued guidance that masks should be worn:

April 3, 2020 at 9:36 p.m. CDT

President Trump announced new guidance Friday that people in the U.S. wear face coverings in public to slow the spread of the coronavirus, a reversal of the administration’s earlier recommendations. But Trump immediately said he himself would not choose to do it, even though “it may be good” advice, reflecting the sharp debate in recent days between the White House and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/04/03/white-house-cdc-turf-battle-over-guidance-broad-use-face-masks-fight-coronavirus/

It’s been a classic case of “do as I say, not as I do, but don’t even do what I say because it makes me look bad” since April. April. In 2 weeks, that will have been 4 months ago.

Less than a week after the WH said masks should be worn on April 3rd, Pence didn’t wear a mask at the Mayo Clinic. At the end of May, Trump didn’t wear a mask to a Ford factory that was making ventilators and PPE. And we just recently saw the president wear a mask for the first time.

Imagine if the president, and the VP/head of the COVID task force, had been leading by example for 4 months.

4 Likes

Yeah, winning back trust is hard.
But it can be done, with effort.
Most of us have accepted that with masks. Others can’t or won’t.

The situation is disgraceful. American exceptionalism.

1 Like

Effort on whose part?

That’s tragic.
Trumps brags incessantly about “all the ventilators”, but has said ■■■■ all about N95’s.

1 Like

3.5 months after officially issuing guidance that masks should be worn, but ignoring that guidance personally, and flaunting that in public, and suggesting people following the guidance were signaling their disapproval of him.

Yeah, it’s gonna be hard to earn that trust, and it shouldn’t be terribly difficult to understand why.

When science gets it wrong, they usually say “here’s how we got it wrong, and here’s how we’re going to work to improve it.”

When Trump gets it wrong, he immediately starts playing the victim and looking for a scapegoat.

Trump has been crying wolf for 3.5 years now-the problem is that a lot of people are out there actually fighting wolves now and don’t want to hear it from him any longer.

7 Likes

Those who lied, and the so-called leader of the country.
They made enough effort for me and at least 2/3 of us, in spite of the leader doing ■■■■ all.

Have they made that effort?

So-called leader of the country? The President? Did he lie about the masks?

What effort did they make? They rationalized it and you accepted it? That battered public syndrome, not love.

And you still blame Trump.

Yes they did. I understood the rationale and moved on.
Why. all the defense for those too stupid or too stubborn to do the same?

Yeah, the so-called leader. He made no effort support the change in April, and right up to yesterday.

2 Likes

my thought process through this:

When they said you didn’t need a mask but medical professionals do: So if they work, why don’t i need one? And we aren’t doing testing so we don’t know who has it so i could be in contact with people…

When they said you should wear a mask: ah hah! I knew it! You wanted to keep the good masks for medical professionals.

Now they went on to say they only realized later that asymptomatic people could spread it and etc etc and i’m skeptical. But that doesn’t mean i’m going to boycott masks out of spite.

And the president of the united states is in a unique position of having a large amount of supporters that believe him and ONLY him, not the deep state at the CDC, not a random surgeon general, him. And from him, he doesn’t wear masks and views them as a personal attack against him, schools are being closed to hurt him, democrats are using coronavirus as their next big hoax, and on and on and on. Feels like that window is firmly closed and he has absolutely no desire to reverse course.

4 Likes

So you accepted the lie.

He was lied to as well.

They still haven’t said we need a mask. They say we need a cloth face covering.

Some people are slow to forgive.

Get over it.

If you want to open the country, wear a mask.

3 Likes

Well that explains all of Trump’s behavior.