This Trump/Wallace interview on Fox is awesome

Here’s today’s administration take on masks.

8:25 a.m.: Surgeon General pleads with Americans to wear face masks

During an interview on “Fox and Friends” Surgeon General Jerome Adams pleaded with Americans to wear face masks and cited their benefits, despite previous vocal doubts from the president.

Adams told the hosts Trump and the administration are on the same page and the most effective way to reopen the country safely was for every person to wear a mask voluntarily.

"I’m pleading with your viewers, I’m begging you, please understand that we are not trying to take away your freedoms when we say wear a face covering," he said. “We are saying if we do these things, we can actually open and stay open.”

Imagine, the SG has to plead and beg because Trump has minimized the benefits of wearing masks.

1 Like

He is pathological. We are failing in every imaginable measurement possible when it comes to addressing this pandemic. Especially when we remember we are the damn United States of America. It is tragic. Trump is a failure in every single way possible.

2 Likes

And the test that is just the written version of “do you know where you are, what’s your name, what day is it” thing you ask someone who you think might have had a stroke or a concussion. It’s like bragging about passing the Wong-Baker scale, you know the pain thing with the happy and sad faces?

2 Likes

Addressed ad infinitum.

I wonder what the Surgeon General’s role was in the CDC guidance.

Begging and pleading.

Yeah, that’s generally what happens after you tell 350 million people “You don’t need…”, then change your mind.

BTW CDC guidelines have recommended cloth face masks since April.

Yes they have, after CDC guidelines told us we don’t need a mask in March.

Have you noticed that even Trump’s usual worshippers in congress and the media haven’t mentioned the Wallace interview today? Not a mention on the mage page of FN, and not a tweet from his sycophants.

1 Like

Could that possibly be that their knowledge and understanding of how the virus is passed from person to person has evolved?

1 Like

Even more interesting/troubling, at the end of this ■■■■■■■ crazy interview, the President of the United States refused to say he would leave office if he lost the election.

Even more amazing is the all the flag waving, patriotic, anthem standing, gun toting constitution loving, conservative trump supporters don’t say a word.

Let that sink in.

7 Likes

I watched the interview. Quite a few chuckles as Chris kept correcting Trump.
I did feel sad that the final question was answered by Trump simply as “I’ve done the most by any President and I’m the most unfairly treated.”
Always a victim.
But always claiming he’s the best ever.

2 Likes

Speaker Pelosi addressed that possibility this morning. She said that a new POTUS would be inaugurated as outlined in the Constitution, whether Trump leaves willingly or not.

An elephant is a big animal with a trunk.

Allan

1 Like

With all due respect, so ■■■■■■■ what?
Is this just an admission that Americans are too stupid to see what was said in March was their attempt to protect the inadequate PPE supplies?
Call it lying if you want.

1 Like

I call it lying because that’s what it was.

So what? So you get one shot to influence 350 million people.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: That’s correct, not because she says so.

The Constitution says so.

It would be difficult if not impossible, to believe many teachers, if any, believe they wasted their degree by teaching kids.