This toilet paper truck traffic jam was in my own county

There are 27 million American over the age of 80.
60% of those suffer from some type of health issue.

And mortality is, with or without COVID 19, more likely in this age group. That should be a no brainer.

Why are we pushing for immortality by scaring this group into stockpiling and isolation?

It’s disturbing. Life on Earth is finite, and should be treated as such. People in this age group, as any other, should be encouraged to enjoy this life.

why should people take their health serious is that what your asking?

With all of this new found acceptance of basic personal hygiene, eventually this song will become an integral part of Freshman Orientation and New Employee training.

Bum cleaning and hand washing. I wonder what’s next—actually cleaning up after oneself on the toilet, maybe?

1 Like

More why are we encouraging this hunker down and prioritizing of paper in the bathroom mentality?

Isolation among the elderly in particular can have serious consequences of it’s own.

no one is encouraging people to buy Toilet Paper.
the elderly are encouraged to limit their social interaction because their is a virus that has 10% chance of killing them.

the elderly are encouraged to limit their social interaction in the winter every year also because of the flu.

Here it is from an actual Coronavirus survivor:

So we have all this fuss about what, for most of us, are fairly mild symptoms?

Anything highly contagious with a three percent mortality rate is serious.

People are crazy. I don’t get the toilet paper thing.

Kind of like the local idiots that flood the stores the day before an anticipated snow fall.

It’s like they think they are going to be snowed in for a month though in Tn snow seldom stays on the ground more than a day or two. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I think it is over blown. The wife and I are still going out to eat, to church, etc.

We are not hunkered down.

1 Like

I salute you both for showing sensibility!

I myself am going to take in a gym workout today with the kid, who, thanks to Governor Baker, is out of school for three weeks :astonished:

Does anyone know what will be done with the schools for cleanup that isn’t already being done by custodial staff?

Is bleach cleaning a new thing?

Never heard of bleach cleaning. may be something new.

Have a teeth cleaning appointment tomorrow. See no reason to cancel.

Going out to eat after while too. :grinning:

1 Like

Enjoy it!

At least in TN you can do the latter. Here in MA, Governor Baker shut down all restaurants. They can stay open, though, for customers to get take out. :confused:

Wow i didn’t know that,. Seems extreme to me,.

They should send Gov Baker home without pay shouldn’t they?

I bet he’s fairly useless.

This is pretty much the same callous activity that lead to the severe issues in Italy.

Not at all. I just do not buy into the hysteria. The flu is a bigger threat imo and nobody is even mentioning the flu.

Wash your hands and continue going about life.

1 Like

There is a vaccine for influenza. There isnt a readily available one for Covid.

The issue we are talking about is how quickly the Coronavirus can spread. You being out around others cause you arent worried about it, increases the chances of you continuing the spread even if you are asymptomatic.

In addition the seasonal flu is now usually accounted for by the health care system. It’s been around a long while and its expected every year. Now you have the Coronavirus going around and it has the potential to completely overwhelm the healthcare facilities.

Like I said, if you dont care or buy into it, that doesnt really matter. But if you are one that just happens to be going around infecting others you arent helping the situation.

Soon enough you wont have the choice, you’ll be told to stay home and there wont be any place for you to go out and eat anyway cause they will be shut down either by their own choice or the state saying so.

And by YOU, I dont mean you personally. I mean anyone that takes this line of thinking.

Flu vaccines are a crap shoot as to whether they will develop the one prevalent that particular winter.

You can cower at home afraid to venture out but i will continue to go out and do things.

About 50,000 more or less people have died of flu but folks are in a tizzy over 50 more or less virus deaths.

That’s just media fueled hysteria.

1 Like

Me personally I’m pretty much a home body anyway so it’s not a big lifestyle change for me. It’s not cowering at home for me, I was gonna be there anyway.

As for the rest, we wont know how bad this can get for quite some time. If we are lucky all the precautions taking place now will help stop the spread, and we can all look back and say “see it wasnt really that bad” on the other hand if it goes the opposite way well that wont be good at all.

1 Like