This poll should make Trump feel good

I don’t know what to make of this. If it weren’t for 2016 , I’d dismiss it immediately as more “unskewed polls” nonsense of 2012. But I have on very good authority that 2016 did occur so here we are.

According to the poll conducted by the Washington based thinktank the Democracy Institute, President Trump is neck and neck with his rival Joe Biden on 47 percent. However, Mr Trump would win in the electoral college system by 309 to 229 delegates because he is on course to win the crucial swing states including Florida, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin where he outpolls Vice President Biden by 48 percent to 44 percent.

It’s exactly a bigger deal now than it was last time. We’ve identified a ‘low burn’ reaction among Trump supporters who’ve seen public shaming of those who support the president. Ever since the May protest riots many Trump supporters are simply unwilling to face the risk and public ridicule of telling even an anonymous person on the phone they plan on voting for the president.

He went on to explain that more probing questions revealed the “shy Trump voter.” He explained:

We asked a number of undecided voters more probing questions. We start out with 10 percent undecided. But then, after the additional questions, undecided comes down to about 6 percent, with half of those who first identified as undecided coming down for Trump. All of these undecideds go to Trump with other questioning.

In contrast, Biden supporters are not shy at all but are not very enthusiastic.

“There’s no one for Biden who’s not happy to tell you they support him. There’s tremendous openness about support for Biden, though there is low enthusiasm. But among rabidly pro-Trump voters, there are some who are shy about saying they are for him,” Basham added.

The Democracy Institute? he asks credulously.

3 Likes

It says they got it right four years ago. If true, I wouldn’t just dismiss it

Jeremy Lott’s group? Seriously?

See above ^^^

I gotta see who these guys are. And even among the hive of scum and villainy that is the British press, which is somehow even worse than the American press, the Express is at the bottom of the spectrum.

I predict a giant facepalm

1 Like

Yeah, British tabloids (and many non-tabloids) are the absolute worst.

I also saw this while reading that article:

Looks kinda trashy

I don’t know much about that group . Do they have a record of unreliability/bogus predictions ?

I very much doubt that Trump wins all three of these states Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin again. Biden is very likely going to win Michigan. If Trump does win the Electoral College again, it will be by a much narrower margin than in 2016.

Good. Democrats need to run scared and campaign like there’s a very real possibility that Trump wins again.

2 Likes

Absolutely right they do.

This is not a wrap.

2 Likes

That’s true for both sides

I wonder when Biden will drive a tank to show how much he loves the military

Lol take no real notice of UK newspapers like The Sun, The Mail, Daily Express, The Star and The Mirror.

What’s good UK media then ?

1 Like

The BBC isn’t bad.

BBC has excellent reporting. I also would say Sky News is pretty good.

As for newspapers I like to read The Times and The Guardian.

1 Like

Good god that article is awful. Did you read it? I think Trump may have written it.

Also there’s no link to the actual poll. Just a terrible article about it.

I’m sorry, this poll is awful. They probed undecideds, we don’t know what those questions are. They asked if “all lives matter”. They clearly want Trump to win, just read the tone of the pollster In the Breitbart article. Yea they predicted “correctly” in 2016, because they wanted him to win then also. They also said in 2016 he could “trounce” Clinton by 10 points in the popular vote.

Democracy Institute is a shill for Trump - just look at their website. The second article on the homepage references “sleepy joe”. Total garbage.