This is what happens when an investigation drags on forever

The indictments, guilty pleadings, and convictions will continue until morality improves

You realize the Ambassador was not at the Embassy, right?

I do not believe the poster you are arguing this with even votes.

1 Like

I’ll agree to that.

I’m a little confused about this “whataboutism” thing. Apparently it is bad unless it involves Republicans in which case it becomes hypocrisy.
Very confusing.

When you cant take the heat, you should stay out of the kitchen.

Interesting.

Ken Starr, and the counsel before him, were tasked with looking into the Clinton’s allegedly shady real estate deals.

Did the people complaining that Mueller needs to “hurry up” and is “taking too long” ever complain that the counsels looking into the Clintons were taking too long? Or that they were investigating beyond their scope with the Monica stuff?

The very people whining about “process crimes” now were perfectly content with Slick Willy being impeached over “process crimes.”

Does any of this help clear your confusion on why Ken Starr was brought up?

This wahtaboutism thing is very confusing. Apparently it is showing hypocrisy sometimes and whataboutism other times, depending on the political party involved.

This isnt unusual for Mueller. He already has plenty of convictions so no this isnt a witch hunt.

The thread should be addressed before bringing up hypocricy questions.

No, it has nothing to do with the party involved, but rather whether those involved are consistent.

“Whataboutism is easy.”

Politician A does thing.

Politician B does thing.

When A was president, B’s supporters complained about it. B’s supporters justify B doing that thing because they claim A did it also.

“But what about when A did it?” falls flat because B himself, and B’s supporters weren’t happy when A did it. They’re citing A having done it to justify B doing it now.

That is whataboutism (in politics). It’s justifying the actions of a politician you like by saying “look, the other guy did it too,” when you were critical of “the other guy doing it.”

Calling out that hypocrisy is not “whataboutism.” The hypocrisy itself is the “whataboutism.”

I wouldn’t think so no.

Yes. “Whataboutism”. Or, more succinctly, a diversionary tactic.

Fraud and tax evasion aren’t process crimes.

The guys who attacked the compound. The guys who actually killed the ambassador and the others.

Here’s the question that was asked:

Those people agreed that Trump said it was a witch hunt. They weren’t asked if they thought it was a witch hunt.

1 Like

I dont think he knew that