This Is Not Normal Behavior, Matt Gaetz. What the Hell is Wrong With the GOP

The public adulation that Trump requires and receives is beyond weird. History books will compare it to propaganda used in unfavorable governments.

3 Likes

Dude, your peeps literally put up a billboard calling Trump Jesus.

You really didn’t see through his…say anything to get elected…approach? Now…he knows that his future political career is with those same that have voted for Trump and this is just his next round, of the same political process to further his political career.

It’s probably a good thing for Cruz that he’s not up for reelection this year. It’s not really a good election year to be a Republican.

2 Likes

My gosh…I hope you’re wrong.

So you’re saying you didn’t mock that back then and you don’t mock such behavior now?

These are rather odd defenses.

This makes me laugh because he doesn’t realize Chuck Norris memes are for playful mocking.

1 Like

It would so easy to reboot Pink Floyd’s The Wall using current events as source material instead of WWIi

1 Like

If memory serves, Obama set the bar when he received a Nobel Peace Prize for announcing his international apology tour. (FYI: He was nominated 11 days after being sworn in as President, before he had time to actually do anything)

In my opinion this is just a lame troll thread.

:man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

I agree this tweet is quite unseemly for a sitting member of Congress. I also find VP Pence’s political fawning off putting at times.

Gaetz would have been better served with a pro “America” tweet rather than referring to the President with “love”.

We have a penchant, as a country, for electing strange people.

Having said that, every President has his fanatics. Camelot and Obama are but two examples on the left. Reagan another on the right.

While I enjoy the transparency, twitter is a double edged sword and the transitional generation of pols keep cutting themselves with the other edge.

2 Likes

Lol. What a stretch. Well done. That really doesn’t compare to Trump’s lackeys throwing themselves at Trump’s feet. He regularly gets over the top praise at his ca Kent meetings. Weird. Trump Appointees Take Turns Praising Him in Bizarre Cabinet Meeting | Vanity Fair

What one feels is a troll thread can often be because the topic doesn’t feel great to realize. Has happened to me in the past.

We know what things are by comparison and contrast with other things.

This notion that it’s off limits to compare and contrast Trump with previous presidents is clearly a result of dumbing down the electorate.

Surely you must agree, my misguided friend. Yes?

Actually there are rules on this site that label that as off-topic trolling

1 Like

All those voters…

In 2020, that seems to make sense.

Logical

Can i bring up trump in any thread about any politician or is that TDS?

It is a question of volume. Direct on topic comparisons are valid. Attempts to derail and turn it into an Obama thread are not.

Moderator discretion.

1 Like

[quote=“Paul_Thomson, post:36, topic:236140, full:true”]

Interesting.