This is how a leader speaks

Linked below is Joe Biden’s response to the murder of George Floyd. Now, I disagree with a lot of things that Biden believes ideologically. But, in this video, he demonstrates real leadership - an area where the US has had a vacuum in recent times. I will note a few points which demonstrate leadership in this video.

1. He begins and ends on a personal note discussing the contact he had with Floyd’s family and his prayers for them
  2. He kept the focus on the core issues that have caused the current escalation
  3. He made an appeal for everyone to begin to work on solving the issues that brought about this current escalation
  4. He kept the focus on bringing everyone together as a nation rather than inciting violence and trying to divide everyone
  5. He kept the attention off of himself and on the problem.

No matter what you may think of Biden personally and ideologically, this is what real leadership looks like. And, it has been missing at the federal level.

And yes, I know, some will look at a silly letter behind his name and ignore everyone else. For those individuals, I know this post won’t matter. But, hopefully, there are others who will remember what real leadership looks like and remember that when it is time to choose leadership.

Biden’s comments:

3 Likes

What are the three biggest of these?

1 Like

It’s easy to sling leaderly sounding platitudes when you actually don’t have any responsibility for anything.

3 Likes

3 top would probably be:

1. His view on the death penalty
  2. His push for a $15 minimum wage
  3. His views on the 2nd amendment
2 Likes

Exactly!

Rather than showing leadership qualities, Biden is demonstrating that he can accurately regurgitate well rehearsed LW platitudes.

1 Like

Good enough. Mine would be 1) his likely picking judges more in line with the Obama model than the Trump model and 2) his approval of the Obama model of not enforcing our immigration laws.

I don’t think I could overcome my positions difference, even if Biden could consistently deliver a good speech.

3 Likes

the purpose of this this thread is in case youre not stupid enough to watch this on msnbc

1 Like

Unlike you, most smart people don’t form an opinion about something they haven’t seen

1 Like

like me, when any thinking (wo)man sees a disguised post putting out a segment from msnb psycho c, they know it’s because only brainwashed idiots would even watch biden try to form coherent thoughts using our language on a network of dissociated leftist malcontents

2 Likes

Yeah, cuz if Fox plays the same speech Biden will say something different?

You don’t know if Biden was coherent or not. Your opinions seem to come from preconceived notions rather than any empirical evidence. That’s why your posts should be read for entertainment value only.

3 Likes

lol

fox huh?

when the thread posts a fox video then c’mon back with this aside crap

1 Like

Stay on topic and debate please.

And your posts would be a lot closer to debate with less “you” and “your”.

You guys knock off the personal crap.

1 Like

I responded to a post. If I was off topic they were off topic.

But I get the mod treatment?

Thanks. On topic I’ll try to be.

Sauce for the goose.

It started with a post that made no attempt to address the subject of the topic to begin with, but rather an underhanded comment meant to insult people. Should have been erased to begin with.

3 Likes

You got a pass. So did they. Have a nice day.

It’s not a debate.

You do understand Trump already had contact and expressed his condolence with Floyd family. And Trump promised that their will be justice.

Quite correct. A debate would start by addressing the topic at hand, not starting out with a blanket insult.

Doug managed to respond in an appropriate way, the next poster didn’t, and then we arrived at the next poster which is what has lead to my previous response.

1 Like

Ok… and if I completely disagree with all his political positions that will affect me on a daily basis, I should vote for him because of his response?