This day in Politics

Forgot the link to the story. Hope it’s wrong.

He must have the right look for Trump.

Did you know in Norway you can’t walk into an emergency room without your doctors prior consent. You can here.

Hes from the elite Harvard. DC circuit judge. Appointed by GW Bush.

Couldn’t be a more boring establishment pick out of central casting.

I hope the multiple stories of “sources say” will turn out to be fake news.

Only on this message board could a degree from one of the three best law schools in the country be a negative.

Didn’t call it a negative. Called it boring. Cuz it is.

What’s wrong with thinking outside the box for a change? Kethledge is from Michigan. He put himself through law school.waiting tables and so on. Hes an avid outdoorsman nd fisherman. In other words, someone the average person could relate to. A man from humble beginnings who went on to do great things. Plus by every account he’s as pleasant and genial as Gorsuch which doesnt hurt.

And Trump could boast about it at rallies. Didn’t I do great picking a guy from the heartland? What could be more Trumpy than that? Isnt he supposed to be a populist? Seems trump would want someone not from Harvard or Yale.

They are both equally qualified but no one will be excited about a Kavanaugh pick.

There are a couple problems I see with the post I responded to. Most importantly, Kavanaugh went to Yale Law School, not Harvard.

U of M Law School is also one of the top law schools in the country - and Kethledge was also appointed to the Sixth Circuit by George W. Bush.

Does he even realize he is lying? Or is he just ignorant? Or does he believe his supporters are too lazy and ignorant in their own right to see that he is full of it?

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/395828-trump-incorrectly-tweets-about-lawsuit-victory-over-alleged

From the article…

Despite the president’s assertion, a judge who ruled on the case Tuesday evening declared that the plaintiffs had not successfully tied the Trump campaign to Washington, D.C., where the district court was located.

Judge Ellen Segal Huvelle wrote in her opinion that she had not ruled based on the merits of the case, which alleged that the Trump campaign had colluded with Russia and WikiLeaks to published hacked emails from DNC servers. Instead, the judge dismissed the case on the grounds that none of the communication was alleged to have taken place in D.C.

“It bears emphasizing that this Court’s ruling is not based on a finding that there was no collusion between defendants and Russia during the 2016 presidential election,” wrote Segal Huvelle, an appointee of former President Bill Clinton. “This is the wrong forum for plaintiffs’ lawsuit. The Court takes no position on the merits of plaintiffs’ claims.”

Those who worship his words can’t be bothered.

Hey, GOP (Good Ol’ Pruitt Party), Obamacare lives.

too late, wont change a thing and probably will spawn 2-5 threads over the next couple of month

Very likely.

See! Proof! Fire Mueller! Fire Sessions! Fire Rosenstein! Aaaaaaaauuuuuuuuggggggghhhhhhh!

:man_facepalming:

1. “heart” is not geography thing.
  2. I’ve always been liberal. I’ve never had a preference for ivy league grads over anybody else who is academically qualified for a job – and I WENT to Harvard. You spend a lot of time thumbing your nose at liberals. Your horse isn’t very high.
  3. Why do you require a SC nominee is “excite” anyone? When did that become a requirement?

What would the anti-establishment pick look like?

All of the above.

Why would they fear for his safety? Unless…

You know. In prison, he’d have to join a gang, then he’d have to prove his loyalty by shivving someone, then he’d have to get a tattoo…oh…wait… After further reflection, I don’t think that’s it.

What the actual ■■■■?