Think of the lives we could have saved if we had applied COVID-style responses earlier

It’s not dancing. It’s finance and basic economics.

And base food commodities are the cheapest.

But that’s not the total cost of your dinner. McDonald’s doesn’t discount their labor costs, why do you?

On snd they are often not cheaper than your resources because McDonald buys half beef half paper at wholesale cost.

The old fall back, poor people don’t have time to cook eh?

1 Like

No. holy crap. The labor cost of them cooking and shopping has to be priced into the cost of dinner.

As to wanting that goes to my other point about applying society wide policy through an individual prism

Things don’t work that way.

No, it doesn’t. it doesn’t cost me any labor cost to shop and cook. That assumes all day is work time with just eight hours off for sleep. Like most other people I have plenty of free time to get it done. It’s like when people claim they are really saving money by hiring a cleaning lady or a lawn mower, because they make more an hour than those cost, well, yeah, that may be true, if you actually picked up extra work time to compensate but most never do.

I understand why you need to pretend most people don’t have the time though, it’s the only possible way to make the claim hold water. All you have to do is look at peoples average weekly time spent on leisure to know that isn’t remotely the case.

1 Like

If the flu killed 700K in 18 months, we would be having those converations.

I never said they don’t have the time. You are arguing against someone else. That you don’t understand how to assess personal labor costs sounds Like a you problem. I am not really sure how else to explain it.

this board freaked out when a NYC mayor banned 64oz sodas.

1 Like

Lol. That’s awesome.

I am able to meal prep for the week in a total of 4 hours, 2 on Sunday and 2 on either Wednesday or Thursday. While everything is in the oven I have time for doing other things around the house. I don’t know why they try to factor labor costs into this.
A lot of whiny, unsuccessful people use the crutch of needing to buy fast food because of “lack of time” but then spend 6 hours a day playing video games or watching TV.

3 Likes

Because that’s a personal choice issue. I just want the “experts” to advise folks on the dangers of obesity with the same energy they screech about vaccines and masks. Then, I would hope people would choose to not buy the 64 oz sodas.

1 Like

here i thought one life was too many

Feel free to advocate as you see fit. My suspicion is you will have a tough row given the relatively low number of flu deaths.

It would be interesting to read what is in the meal that costs under a dollar.

You can start here.

Thanks.

These threads are getting weirder and weirder.

1 Like

I agree with you 100% on that.

A man likes a large woman, hey, God bless both of ‘em.

Someone doesn’t want to lose weight, is fat and happy, hey, more power to ‘em.

Just don’t say is’s a normal or healthy choice. The kind of problems severely overweight people in my circle of acquaintance have says otherwise. For starters, I can’t think of much anyone else needing to lose a significant amount of weight for joint replacement.

1 Like

The “Big is Beautiful” movement is truly victimizing women by giving them an out regarding their health. It is all about selling magazines, clothing, and entertainment to them.