Things are on track here in the North Carolina mountains

My wife and I and all three kids are here this weekend for some grilling and drinks to formally christen this place. :smile: My daughter went out archery hunting Saturday morning and Sunday morning. Didn’t see anything she wanted to take a shot at. The weather has cooled down nicely and it will be a good three day Columbus Day weekend.

The place is VERY sparsely furnished to this point. Nothing in the Great Room, nothing upstairs. We do have our bed for the Master Bedroom. Some kitchen and bathroom furnishings. The ground floor guest bedrooms and den/game room/man-cave area are partially furnished with beds, so the kids have been using those rooms. When it gets clear enough, you can see the top of the Winston-Salem city skyline from here at night. In the daytime there is a good view of the Piedmont and Pilot Mountain is prominently in view. The kids are taking off for Pennsylvania early in the morning tomorrow and we will probably leave in the late morning. VERY VERY quiet here at night. No traffic noises, no aircraft that pass through this area, nothing.

1 Like