These new 302 mueller memos are gonna be a hoot

We knew some of this – Trump’s anger at Sessions and the Roy Cohn fixation, but the interesting part is to see it written down.

Have you seen the documentary THE GREAT HACK on Netflix about Cambridge Analytica? It’s frigging chilling.

1 Like

I have not as of yet. But yeah, I need to see that.

Yeah. They were downright evil and seemed almost oblivious to it, finding all kinds of ways to rationalize their behavior.

And? Is there an actual crime in there somewhere?

Should we have impeached Obama because he told us Ayers was just some guy in the neighborhood, or that he never heard his pastors anti American rhetoric?

Yeah we gave him crap about it, but nobody considered it a high crime or misdemeanor.

You guys are still obsessed with Ayers and Wright? Good lord…

Did he lie or downplay his involvement with those people during his campaign or not?

Because evidently now that’s an impeachable offense.

Nobody gives a ■■■■ except you.

I think the problem lies in another place than my imagination. Perhaps it lies in ones ability to construe data.

Just remember. Facts matter. Or as another poster put it truth wins out in the end.

Obama did. several times.

Obama denounced the statements in question, but critics continued to press the issue of his relationship with Wright. In response to this, he gave a speech titled “A More Perfect Union”, in which he sought to place Wright’s comments in a historical and sociological context. In the speech, Obama again denounced Wright’s remarks, but did not disown him as a person. The controversy began to fade, but was renewed in late April when Wright made a series of media appearances, including an interview on Bill Moyers Journal , a speech at the NAACP, and a speech at the National Press Club.[5] After the last of these, Obama spoke more forcefully against his former pastor, saying that he was “outraged” and “saddened” by his behavior, and in May he resigned his membership in the church.[6]

I thought Obama wrongly bowed to pressure in criticizing Wright. It’s funny that Wright’s critics (notably a vast majority were Republicans, who generally say they are religious) couldn’t figure out that Wright wasn’t speaking literally. He was talking about race – which seems to scare Republicans.

I disagree, I think Obama addressing the situation at that time was smart. He nipped it in the bud before it became an issue for him with democrats.

I’m not so sure it would have. The only people I remember complaining about it were Republicans. Loud and long. But it could have, I suppose.

Steve Bannon’s early impressions of Donald Trump from 2010, as recounted in Feb., 2018. One amusing note was when Trump told him he was thinking of running for president, Bannon’s response was “Of what country?”