The wonderingrover voting strategy going forward

You see where it’s at now dont you?

1 Like

I Love being a Lib! Ive voted for a Republican locally every now and then.

Quite simple, my vote always goes to the candidate who best matches my beliefs. With one caveat, if I am unable to find any respect for that candidate outside of their stated platform, it goes to the next best match (this has never happened thus far, but I will never discount the possibility). This would have made things difficult if I was voting in your last election as I would not have cast a vote for either significant candidate. Does make me grateful to have more than 2 parties to choose from.

I don’t recall ever seeing you use “Hollywood” or “Democratic” in any sort of favorable light - I would assume that was meant to be an insult on this site more often than not.

1 Like

It was meant as a light hearted joke only.
How it was taken, I cannot control. Most people who say they are voting for Democrats should not take “Democratic” as an insult or they should change their voting.
The absolute hairs on back standing up response really surprises me.

Note I didn’t mean to imply you meant it as an insult, just that it could easily be taken as such here - much as some posters spit out “lib” in an attempt to insult which always makes me giggle a little. It is by no means an insult, but that is certainly the intent :wink:

Likewise when it comes to Donald.

2 Likes

My voting strategy going forward is to vote for the man or woman most qualified for the job. If that means Republican, then so be it. If that means Democrat, then so be it. IF that means Libertarian, then so be it. Well you get my part. Straight party ticket voting means nothing more than you know how to go in and pull one damn lever. Good job. It’s time to start voting for the best person to do the job…not what your party tells you to do.

I have my mind made up. No party can change that.

2 Likes

Any candidate who supports Donald is disqualified. Other than that, I will continue to vote for the candidates I feel are the best combination of policy proposal and qualifications. In the past this has often meant voting a mixed ticket. Given Donald’s tendency to defy political gravity, however, of late it has meant voting for whichever candidate stands in opposition to his administration.

2 Likes

I like the idea of a “love vote.”

1 Like

I’m basically going with your strategy, as well, but I don’t want them working together. Anymore, I’m the guy who cheers when nothing gets done. And you hear people complaining about Congress not getting anything done. As if we don’t have too much government as it is.

I no longer harbour any illusions that the government will be reduced in any significant way. So, I’ll vote for the partisan divide stalemate that’s sure to not bring us more government.

Anyone who explicitly supports Trump will not earn my vote. Pretty simple strategy. Step up Libertarians!

2 Likes