The War On Guns Continues

Another shooting, another politician acting stupid.

Now, Bozo, I mean, Beto O’Rourke wants a government “buyback” or, more accurately, gun confiscation. No doubt most Democrats would agree with him.

Why people wants to give up their 2A rights? Scary!

1 Like

2%

Desperately Seeking Relevancy

2 Likes

Beto wants to buyback all the guns?

I don’t agree with him when it comes to mandatory buybacks. It’s a flailing presidential candidate trying to make the news cycle with a controversial stance on hot topic. It won’t happen unless gun rights advocates continue to demand absolutely no gun control changes.

What changes do you want?

Universal background checks. Gun registration with documentation for every change of owner.

2 Likes

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.”

William Pitt
Speech, House of Commons, 18 November 1783

2 Likes

People obsessed with the 2A are scarier.

1 Like

236 years ago.

Times have changed. Matured.

Just as the original Constitution allowed slavery and amendments came in and got rid of it.

Just as we can’t be blamed for what people over 200 years ago did (slavery, etc), because that was then and it was part of the culture. Over 200 years we as a people and a country grew and matured.

Time to get mature over guns.

4 Likes

I understand you need to believe that.

In other words, a ban on guns.

Sorry, I trust the Constitution anytime over anti-gun zealots.

Another stupid made up war.
Who won the war on Christmas? Still waiting to hear those results.

The PC principal crowd.

He does. All the semi auto ones. Bye bye pistols.

And why is it called a buyback? The government never owned them in the first place. Just call it what it is- seizure with a little remuneration.

3 Likes

A DNC “candidate” with no hopes of this election is whining about guns.

No worries, folks. lol

Is the buyback being presented as mandatory or voluntary?

This a quote war?

I set out on this ground which I suppose to be self evident, “that the earth belongs in usufruct to the living;” that the dead have neither powers nor rights over it.

-Thomas Jefferson. Sep. 6, 1789

1 Like

Yes, a ban on guns. Sign of a mature civilization.

Stop panicking and relax. He didn’t call for a buyback of everything. Only assault weapons. Your precious rights are safe.

This is a step in the right direction—and I'm grateful Walmart has taken action—but we can't rely on corporations to stop gun violence. We need universal background checks, we need red flag laws, and we need to buy back every single assault weapon. https://t.co/m8fr3qzZcx

— Beto O'Rourke (@BetoORourke) September 3, 2019

Close every loophole. Buy back every assault weapon. Vote out every member of Congress who won't do anything to end this epidemic. https://t.co/spmTnImFl5

— Beto O'Rourke (@BetoORourke) September 3, 2019