The Virus Is Spreading

Ask Florida how the Northeastern exodus to the “Sunshine State” worked out for them.

1 Like

Yep same here it’s on my short list of places to move.

I don’t know of any other state that has such a pull to it that Texas has.

It’s been 20 years since I lived there, and a part of me is still like, hell yeah, remember the Alamo!

1 Like

Alaska.

I am 13th Generation from the same area of Virginia that my progenitors landed in in the 1700’s andd never left.

Really deep roots there. But is it my identity? I don’t feel that it is. It is where I grew up and where I go to visit my family.

I have lived in NYC longer than anywhere else in my life… When I do leave here it will be a part of my life that I have left behind.

Maybe it isn’t in my wiring.

2 Likes

Yes ruined…

1 Like

Sure maybe more cemeteries will be canvassed to vote democrat.

1 Like

I am currently reading this book

Which is amazing btw… and a lot of it is about the area where I grew up. This is the sort of history that I never got.

But things make a lot more sense.

Like the dude where I get my last name from just shows up out of nowhere in the early 1800’s… I didn’t know that the the British Navy had a real problem with their sailors jumping ship and basically disappearing into the Tidewater at that time.

I love history… have immersed myself in it for the past couple of years… still haven’t found anything that makes me go “Hell yeah!!!”

Maybe it is my aversion to claiming pride in other’s accomplishments or their overcoming of their struggles.

3 Likes

I love Austin but after living in the PNW for 15 years I really don’t know if I can do the heat. Was down there July 2019 in the river pool which is gorgeous and I could hardly breath when I got out.

I keep hearing that.

Any place east of 21 and south of 20 is hell in the summer more due to the humidity than the heat.

West or north of 281/20 it’s a whole different world.

I will look into thanks I am fully remote now so I am looking at it either Texas or Brentwood Tn.

growing up in kenosha, there is a definite identity between wisconsin an illinois… mostly due to bears/packers…

1 Like

Fortunately this particular virus is relatively easy to isolate, as it primarily tends to cluster itself in ant hills. A good contact tracing and an antiviral of common sense usually does the trick for all but the libus persistentus mutation. Those of course must be surgically removed.

It is also susceptible to herd immunity through generational exposure. If we can’t transform the lice, we can expect better results with the nits.

Dilution is the solution.

What kind of outdoor activities do you like?

What do you like to do on weekends for dining, music, museums etc?

In Wyoming, 30,247 of some 572,884 residents lived in a different state in 2018. [U.S. News noted Wednesday that most moved from California and Colorado.

Neighboring North Dakota took in 36,668 new residents – more than 5% of its population of 750,501. Many moved from Minnesota, Texas and South Dakota.

Alaska, with a population of 722,063, had a similar influx. The Last Frontier state added 34,031 residents.

Capital will radiate out of the country’s economic hubs, in search of new customers, more resources, and voids to fill. Political lines on the map don’t have much to do with it. The people who made these moves likely had valuable skills to meet growing demands in their new states.

1 Like

Businesses are fleeing blue states for red states for lower taxes and regulation. The people follow them.

CA has seen a huge exodus of both capital and people, largely conservatives for both very pragmatic and political reasons.

Some businesses might flee, but most are flocking to hungry new customers. Rural regions are demanding new things, faster things, more comforts, more conveniences. That is the primary force pulling people from blue states into red areas.

2 Likes

There is of course zero evidence to support such a claim.

You can get anything you need or want online and have it delivered within 24 hours even in all but the most remote locations of the US.

Without new industries coming to rural America small towns are dying across the country.

Cool.

You can only get trinkets online. Not skilled services. A smartphone or laptop can come in the mailbox, but the guy who does data recovery and board repair has to move into town and set-up shop.

2 Likes