Whenever there is a vacancy in the office of the Vice President, the President shall nominate a Vice President who shall take office upon confirmation by a majority vote of both Houses of Congress.
With the mid-terms approaching and Biden’s approval numbers in the proverbial tank, the Democrats are faced with a dilemma. Do they keep Joe Biden for the full 4 years of his term, or do they cut their losses before a new congress is sworn in January?
Here is the problem for the Left. In the event Biden were to leave office early for any reason, the new president, presumably Harris, would then appoint a replacement for the V.P. spot. However, that person would have to meet the approval by majority vote of both houses of Congress. In January, that would be most likely be a Republican Congress.
This leaves Democrats with a tough choice. Ditch Biden soon and confirm a new V.P. before January or take a chance he will make it till the end of his term.
There is one very scary scenario that is theoretically possible involving Trump. I don’t believe it will happen but here is how it would work.
• The GOP takes control of the Congress in 2022.
• The GOP appoints Trump as the Speaker of the House.
• The GOP House impeaches both Biden and Harris.
• The GOP Senate convicts both Biden and Harris and removes them from Office.
• As the Speaker Trump becomes president again.
• Because Trump was only elected once, he is eligible to run in 2024. Due to election fraud and gerrymandering the GOP gets Trump elected for a 3rd term in 2024.
Again, not my perdition just a theoretical possibility. And since the intent appears to come up with just some crazy ■■■■■ I thought I’d help.