The Trump administration approves Oceanic seismic tests

The fishery is more than just whales.

As I said in my OP… this seems to be putting the concerns of one industry over other ones.

Not sure where you’re coming from?

No.
No.
No.

It seems off topic. Please explain how Trump’s fast food is relevant for more than a post to simply get people angry.

You believe my post will make people angry?

Dang.

There sure are some Snowflakes out there.

What is “off topic about my post”?

I truly believe Fat Donald doesn’t give a darn about the importance of preserving fisheries.

Especially as long as Big Mac’s don’t be made of marine critters.

Actually it is µ!

Annoying to no end when people use u!

Right. You are free to believe. But what evidence do you present to the forum that supports your beliefs?

None.

None at all.

:hugs:

Well, then it won’t be difficult to refute your argument.

“President Donald Trump was the best thing that ever happened to fishermen,”

That does nothing to refute my argument.

:laughing:

You think “opening up fisheries” is “preserving fisheries”…LOL! :joy:

1 Like

He failed to realize his input soundly confirmed my statement and argument, not refuting it at all, just reinforcing it.

Yes.

Opening up to even more fishing the already overfished federal fisheries is the surest way to care about and to show that you care for preserving our fisheries.

:laughing:

God that is funny!

If Fat Donald came out and stated the best way to preserve the giant redwoods on our west coast was to allow lumber companies to begin cutting them all down no doubt the Trumplicans would be standing and cheering at his rallies mindlessly screaming “Cut them down!”

Spoken like a true Obamanian… a control freak who wants to hurt the industry. Your laughter gives you away.

I asked you multiple times to defend your criticism of Trump. But all you offered was a limp response. So now, faced with facts, you post a facid guhguhguhguh.

Spoken like a person who is totally clueless regarding what caring for fisheries means.

Protecting and managing fisheries preserves fishing because it preserves fish.

Unrestrained and ever more expanded fishing depletes fisheries, eventually leading to crashes in the fishing industry, because unregulated fishermen are not known to do the necessary things to preserve fisheries. Just like lumbermen who would clear cut themselves right out of business.

But hey, for Fat Donald and his ilk, it is profits over people.

Squeeze every penny out of the deal and then toss the leftovers on the trash heap.

2 Likes

Here is how loud 243 decibels is;

243dB Largest non-nuclear explosion ever, 1947 explosion in Nazi u-boat pens used 7100 tons of explosive

Sounds on the mark to me.

1 Like

If your comparison was valid, that level occurs 30,000 times a year from natural sources.

But…good lord!.. you are not even using the same reference for the sound levels as was used to describe the bubble makers. No wonder some here are enraged! Most people dont understand that dB is not really a sound level unless it is referenced to some number. A dB level is simply a ratio of power. Typical reference numbers used by typical people who want to describe what a sound is like to a human will reference to something like 20 micropascals SPL… which would be expressed as 0 dB spl. But using the reference level cited in the article on the underwater sound, it would be 26 db ref uPa. So your comparison sound of 243 dB from the Uboat pen explosion is like 400 times the sound power of the bubblecmaker. Furthermore, in order to know what the sound is like, say… 100 meters or 1000 meters away, one must know the distance of the measurement. In this case you used a UBoat pen explosion. I doubt if that level was measured 1 meter from the source. But that is exactly the distance that is used in the description of the bubble maker sound. The Uboat pen explosion was likely measured between 100 and 1000 meters from the blast center, which adds another factor of between ten thousand and a million times the power compared to the bubble makers… assuming an inverse R squared functionality in the sound power.

So your comparison is unfortunately incorrect and irrelevant. Let me guess… you know all about dB from music. If you are interested, I might be able to find some web sites that have tutorials on the real hard core math and science involved here. Sorry it’s so complicated for you. Most people learn about dB by playing with sound systems used for music… but there is more to it than what is used in that one little narrow application. LOL :joy:

ps… in case there are kids trying this at home … they should note that the Pascal is not a unit of power. It is pressure amplitude. So it needs to be squared when used with dB, since dB is a power ratio. Said another way… use 20log and not 10log when describing sounds by the dB level of their pressure amplitudes.

Speaking of sound levels and nature…
I was going to say “crickets” but after reading this, I’m not so sure that is applicable for the - now - silence of this thread.

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2013/08/pictures/130807-animals-loud-loudest-cricket-bushcricket-science/