The Supreme Court is about to hear its biggest gun-control case in a decade

How do you think they get it to the field of battle?

In or on a vehicle. Sure they will be moved from a vehicle by hand, located, moved around whatever… It won’t be typical weaponry for an infantryman’s personal arsenal.

They hump it too, or used to. Takes more than one.

That’s what I mean by closer to light artillery. Your not going to carry the weapon AND a heck of a lot of ammo to run through it. It’s a team effort.

You can buy one tomorrow if you have the cash.

And you can bear it in Texas if you can pick it up. :joy:

Even Leg Platoons are issued the M-2 as a crew served weapon.

Cash and a specific permit that requires a more stringent background check than say buying a handgun.

Does it?

You can buy the semi auto version with no more paperwork than any other rifle.

That I have done, but not on a fifty cal. but am aware that it is the maximum caliber with which you can do so with I think the exception of black powder rifles et. al.

Apparently it has recently changed to this.

1. Fill out an ATF Form 4 application to transfer an NFA firearm. This application will include a $200 check for your tax, your fingerprints, a passport-style photograph, and information about you and the firearm.
  2. Wait 9-12 months for the ATF to approve and return your paperwork.
  3. Take your machine-gun home and enjoy!

You can buy any .50 cal as long as it’s not fully automatic just like any other rifle, no extra hassle or paperwork.

Doesn’t say anything about a more stringent bgc.

Yes, it really does. What do you call nine to twelve months with the ATF, fingerprints and passport style photo are? I don’t have to do that to buy a hunting rifle.

Either way, I wasn’t aware that it had recently changed.

Bureaucracy.

It doesn’t say anything about more stringent bgc. You’re assuming. What do you think they are checking for 9 months?

They delay hoping you’ll give up.

2 Likes

A semi auto is not a machine gun.

It is if it has that thingy on it.

I’m looking at M-82’s right now and none are listed as NFA items. There may have been a change on the M2 SA version but I’m not seeing it.

Same exact BGC etc, if you can lawfully possess a firearm you can lawfully possess a Full Auto firearm.

The delay is just the speed of gov’t.

2 Likes