The Sunday Times (UK) "Russia will strike West if rockets hit us" Putin ally

Ukraine should have been prepared, they knew full well who and what their neighbor is capable of doing and had decades to be ready.

1 Like

I said no what ifs. Well we have uncontrolled migration of illegal immigrants flowing across our southern border and steeling American hard earned tax dollars and destroying quality of life.

1 Like

Why should Ukraine stop fighting for its territorial sovereignty?

Would you stop if a percent of the US was occupied?

I’d say it is doing an insanely good job so far.

Depends, what are my odds of winning and how many casualties are we talking about?

What does winning mean to you?

Repelling the invasion and ending the threat of further invasion.

1 Like

Seems worth fighting for - no? Especially in light of how an occupying Russian force would treat Ukrainians?

Again, depends on whether they can win and how many lives it would cost them to do so. Like I said, they had decades to prepare, they should have spent far more on defense knowing who their neighbors were and lacking a NATO membership to get us to pay for their defense.

Dude- Russia has been estimated to have lost a third of its invading forces, was repelled from Kyiv and is now left to haggle over a couple south-eastern provinces. I’d say Ukraine has done just fine- and continues to fiercely fight Russia in the East.

Why the desire to make Ukraine stop fighting?

I don’t desire Ukraine do any such thing. They can do whatever they like. I just don’t think their odds of ultimately winning are very good. And I don’t want us involved.

1 Like

Again- they already have.

The question is only about the Donbas. They will be fighting there until Russia capitulates or Ukraine cedes territory. Ukraine continues to fight. The entire Western World supports that and will help Ukraine defend itself from a messianic genocidal bully.

And thats a good thing.

They haven’t won jack ■■■■■

Donbas is comparable.

1 Like

They will retain their sovereignty. They repulsed Russia from overrunning their whole country. What are you talking about?

Cities lying in ruins. Millions made homeless.

And the war is still going on.

Even Finland didn’t have it that badly…and they negotiated a truce.

Oh and the world is not “winning” either what with the energy and food price shocks resulting from this.

Be happy you live in the US and are shielded from the worst effects of those shocks.

Sure- has Russia’s war on Ukraine been brutal? Of course.

Have they decimated Russia’s invading force, kept their sovereignty and are only fighting for the South east corner of Ukraine now? Also yes.

Finland had little support from other countries. They fought pretty much until they ran out of ammo.

Nevertheless they won in as much as they remained independent. Russia did not achieve their objective of installing a puppet government.

and russia armed them… go figure

that wasn’t their objective. they stated their objective before they invaded finland, and achieved more than they stated they wanted. using that metric finland could have just given them what they asked for up front and “won” even bigger!