The Senate impeachment trial - an outsider's perspective

Optics One of the Dem’s story lines is pushing of POTUS being a big bad wolf along. Voters don’t be fooled with him dressing up in grandma’s clothes.

The left wants the undecided’s to believe that Biden is the real deal, a true gentleman and a person for the people.

Like when Trump saw the early polls of Biden being the early front runner for the Dem’s nomination he freaked out. Fearful and out of his mind he called the Ukraine leader to damage Biden chances.

The idiom “cry wolf” means to raise a false alarm, to ask for assistance when you don’t need it, and by extension, to exaggerate or lie. The phrase comes from the Aesop fable, “They Boy Who Cried Wolf,” in which a young shepherd found it amusing to make villagers think a wolf is attacking his flock."

The impeachment process including the “Show Trial” test marketed this in Washington DC hoping it was something that would ultimately get top billing on Broadway. As we saw the TV rating’s were abysmal and like the Trial ended quickly, it’s run off Broadway closed down costing the producers probably the National Election and maybe more. We’ll see.

Do you see the big picture better now?

There is clear evidence that when Trump’s initial motivation was to damage Biden once Biden announced as a candidate. When Biden appeared to fade the attacks on Biden ceased. Post the SC primary attacking Biden became de rigueur again.

The key to a successful Democrat presidential bid in 2020 is to attract Independents and disaffected Republicans to vote for their candidate. They don’t need to make up stories about Trump.

I categorically reject the proposition that the impeachment of Trump was a “Broadway show”.

Please post your views up on the new thread I put up in category of election under Politics…

Sorry I won’t be able to do that because it would preclude any references I might like to make to Australia.

No need to apologize. This bad wolf thing was a tag line deployed in impeachment .

Will wait for your response, including how in Australia your point on gag orders there is relevance to America/Senate Trial. I cited examples, still have not seen much in real life examples as opinions without facts backing them up is not what we should ideally spend the bulk of our content on…

I am not saying that there is a specific instance before I construct my response. Just letting you why I can respond to you in your new thread.

the reason why I asked today was off you requesting me to take my original topic to yours in Off the Beltway. Then when you mentioned “Actually to be honest I don’t have much idea of what you are trying to say” this morning, I took as sincere, and thought it was better to create a new topic. I then thought to follow suit in asking you to join like you did with me before. Just might want to think twice about how people might perceive when you lead with:

“I can’t” or I won’t or I don’t want vs I choose not to engage…

Back to Big back wolf portrayal during Senate Trial implying Voter Interference.

The “perfect” thing about the Biden call was it made both sides put all the cards out on the table and then some.

The Democrats are not accustomed to being put on the Defensive. November will decide everything for sure.

In the interim, I will leave you with this: Whether or not you or I accept or reject most any proposition we need to always back it up with facts. Being new to this forum, I want my reputation to be one who people respect. I may not always agree but at least I will only comeback with a tone of sincerity. Always open to debate our differences in a most calm and respectful fashion.

Appreciate getting to know you while we both bring it…