The science of search engines

Maybe we can but can a company that operates in the public that is in the service of speech?

So you’re saying that you’re willing to give up your right to speak your mind, as long as the government makes a “logical” argument as to why it’s “unfair”?

You are welcome to self-censor yourself in pursuit of “fairness”, but I think you’ll find the vast majority of Americans will disagree with you.

Yes. Undoubtedly.

Thats how the first amendment works.

If that’s what you interpreted out of our exchange…thanks…and have a super, duper day.

They are protected to prohibit free speech by applying their product and do so in the name of free speech?

As far as I’m concerned, that’s what you said. If I am incorrect, feel free to correct me.

But taking your ball and going home is just a concession that you’re in over your head and can’t actually respond.

Your argument doesn’t make sense. If the government owned the search engine, you might have a point.

You want the Government to regulate search engines?

Yes.

If I called Breitbart tomorrow, and demanded that they publish a headline stating that Donald Trump eats babies, are they “denying my freedom of speech” by refusing?

Yes, they have a first amendment right to allow or not allow any kind of speech… This is not untested territory, it’s well established law…

Trump has really done a number on so called “conservatives”…asking for more govt regulation into private companies…truly Trumpers are forever victims. :joy:

I am and admitted that so I’m not going to waste time with someone who wants to purposefully twist what I made very clear. It’s a whole new ball game with the internet and a huge, dominant search engine such as Google. I see an inherent danger and there’s no question in my mind that it can be used for corrupt purposes that should have government restrictions legislating equal treatment.

I see much more danger in the government deciding what is “fair”, and enforcing those decisions with the strength of law.

So did our Founding Fathers.

You’re merely repeating your opinion without adding anything. What “danger” do you see?

Stacking one conspiracy on top of another. You guys convince yourselves of these new conspiracies every day.

The “danger” is that it cannot possibly be true that Trump is disliked this much. Everyone knows what an honest and upstanding guy he is…

There must be some sinister act of manipulation of the masses from Google!

1 Like

I am curious as to what a “fair” search of Trump news would yield?

Another swing and a miss.