The Republican Party post Trump?

As long as republicans hold the senate, Trumpism will continue. So for at least the next couple of years, I see no future for the party I was a member of for 36 years.

be careful of what you wish

I wish another war would start (foreign or domestic) that would require me to be recalled into the Army Infantry. The benefits of serving another warmongering President would suit me just fine. :wink:

1 Like

^ From the party of the four year hate fest meltdown.

Be reasonable.

3 Likes

What policies or platform wasn’t part of the RNC before Trump was President? Just so we know what the change you need to see is.

To answer the question actually posed and not vomit TDS all over the place:

I agree with @SixFoot in another thread - policy without the personality. I’ve been saying it for 5 years.

However I think they also need to change some of the policies.

As I watched the Justice Barrett hearings, a couple of people impressed me, including her.

I think her manner of answering the stupid questions and accusations was perfect. “You can spout your nonsense all day long, as soon as it’s my turn we’re going back to policy.”

The bombastic types like Jim Jordan are fine for the House, it’s supposed to be a clown show. Not for the Senate or President.

I actually think a good model on comportment to follow would be Obama. His policies sucked, but he learned how to talk without kowtowing. But I like Barrett even better.

Whoever it is, they have to deal with a hostile media. Trump went too crude. He made it personal. Better to chuckle and then hammer the dumbasses with facts. Reporters are stupid, it shouldn’t be that hard. McEnany did a pretty good job of that.

As far as policy, the GOP is out of touch and leaving a huge demographic out in the cold. They need to get with the times.

I laid it out somewhere.

Here

I hope they learn. I doubt they will.

2 Likes

Trumpism

What war did Obama start? Is ordering strikes a war?

Uh huh, I can tell you used to be a staunch Republican.

1 Like

Dig up Muammar and ask him.

So a lib is telling us how a conservative to operate their party…that’s rich.

3 Likes

Don’t care.

Great.

You’ll pardon me for being so amazed by the thought that you would even argue that Obama didn’t start any new wars, restart others, and ramp up others still, resulting in millions dead and displaced, along with the real possibility of the US going to war with a nuclear-capable country.

I should’ve expected that. :rofl:

1 Like

It would help if they didn’t suffer a net loss in legislative seats while barely winning the white house. Nah, never mind. :rofl:

Barely winning mandate. :wink:

1 Like

The Big Blue Drip. lol

Was that a war or a strike…How many troops do we have or did we send there?

For that to work the GOP needs to stop being the party of conspiracy theories.

1 Like

I would love to be able to vote for Republicans again.