The Real Extremism in the US

Whilst we are throwing out suggestions. How about an independent electoral commission that is responsible for drawing up district boundaries with one of the criterion being that save for state boundaries and physical geographic features the districts boundaries should be simple geometric shapes? Also, the independent commission should run the elections, counting and certification of same. The day of the election to be a public holiday or moved to a Saturday.

1 Like

If OP had taken a few mins and research smart phones he would seen that Android has like a 84% market share and since Android software is open source hard to claim it is a monopoly

1 Like

Yes I have used duckduckgo for many years.

There is a reason why EU keeps punishing google. Existence of alternatives doesn’t mean they are not engaging in anti-trust behavior. They are not a monopoloy for sure. (i know you didn’t say that they were not engaging in anti-trust behavior just saying i just think there need to be hearings)

Yea oddly never see right wingers want to get rid of money in politics when talking about issues. They always want to cut off limb instead of curing the infection.

Lol Facebook and Google are monopolies in the very definition of monopolies. Dear lord if Facebook and Google are not monopolies they are no such thing as monopolies. Even the president of the EU called them out as monopolies the other day and the FTC is in a lawsuit with Facebook for monopolization. I would also add Amazon as well as ebay to that list.

1 Like

What have they monopolized?

One such option is by market cap. if a company market cap is over 500 billion, it must be split up. I would do this for financial or banking. I don’t ever want to hear too big to fail any more.

Again, how would.it split up?

Give me an example of how twitter would be split up…

My whole post was asking how it would be split up, not when…

The base operating system is open source but if you want to include Google apps and services on the device you are selling then you have to start dealing with licensing and Google’s rules and restrictions.

But its not an monopoly because its optional and also of course iPhones exist.

Kind of funny to claim Amazon is a monopoly and in the same sentence also claim one of their competitors is also a monopoly.

1 Like

It’s going to really suck when my east coast relatives can’t see my tweets because I use California Twitter.

1 Like

Beat me to the punch on this one. :wink:

Not only how, but who gets to decide.

Yup…Many complain about the corruption in DC, but when the idea of limiting the influence money has on elections and the legislative process, they say money is speech, and corporations are people.

Continue to vote against their best interests, all due to the baby killing and gun confiscating libz.

Term Limits ??? Again ???

Show me how term limits have helped California, then we can talk about how good they would be for the country.

Without an informed electorate we are in deep trouble, and no amount of gaming (like term limits) can replace them.

If the voting idiots don’t vote the scoundrels after 20 years, what quality of legislator would they vote for after 8?