The questionable efficacy of additional years of education?

No, that is exactly what he’s talking about.

Any decent tech school is going to partner up with actual industries to teach people skills in that industry.

Like this ad portrays:

Just about done…

Considering how k-12 education is doing these days, they will need that extra education.

Hint: It’s going backwards.

College is a great thing, but they need to make it easier to get through faster. Should be 3 to 4 years at most. And of course we have lots of useless degrees out there. I feel sorry for any one in massive debt for a psychology degree.

Because democrats have no solutions… They have PC. In China and india they are very tough on student, so we import their engineers…

During reconstruction, the north flooded the south with teachers. Wonder why?

You don’t think they do indoctrination in China. :rofl:

Take the choice that a voter has in our system of government. Which of the “general knowledge” topics is irrelevant in helping that voter decide who and what to vote for? History? Economics? Civics? Current world events? Biology? Math? Geography? Formal school won’t teach him everything he needs to know about these subjects but it must lay a foundation for those who choose to continue learning these subjects - as world dynamics change throughout that person’s life - outside of school.

You want to churn out useful and productive automatons who know their business or trade. I imagine that communists would find that acceptable.

I’d say just the opposite of what you say. I think we need to maintain these “general knowledge” subjects especially in high school and to some but lesser extent in education after that. My undergrad engineering curriculum still required a few sequences in social science. And I thought they were valuable in developing my character and my judgement well after school. But my grad school had none and that seemed appropriate because the self learning of “general knowledge” from highschool and undergrad had taken hold and I was ready, willing, and able to continue that on my own.

You might have peed your pants with glee had he worked for the Monongahela Railway.

There’s a number of things I would say in response. First, there was not a single class that I took in high school or college that shaped my political views, which developed much later. Second, I can 100% attest as someone who taught in a high school that under the current cookie cutter approach the vast majority of students are simply engaged in rote learning in order to pass tests. Third, I wouldn’t eliminate any particular coursework, but not make it part of some arbitrary graduation requirements. You don’t honestly believe that the current system is generating a well informed voting public?

1 Like

Maybe there should be a law that if a student can’t pay back a tuition loan within the same amount of time it took to earn it, the balance should be charged back against the teachers?

1 Like

Hmmmm. That would have been indoctrination. I didn’t advocate that. Odd that you thought I did. I advocated giving a person the tools and an on-ramp to further knowledge to develop their own political view instead of setting them up to succumb to indoctrination through the every present leftist media.

Nope. Schools are a catastrophe today. But it isn’t because of teaching History, Economics, Civics, Current world events, Biology, Math, or Geography.