The puppet masters are trying to fool the Bernie kids into voting for them

Puppet Masters don’t do well with democrats. That’s why Trump chose to run as Republican. He was greatly rewarded.

1 Like

And his supporters will continue to double down, right up until he loses. Then they’ll triple down when he announces the election was rigged. Keep in mind these were some of the same people who told us Obama was going to elect himself for a third term. Meanwhile some of them have actually suggested Trump should be in for a third term because he was treated so unfairly, he needs a do over for his first term. Isn’t it amazing how they go from strict Constitutionalists one minute to meh, anything goes, the next?

4 Likes

The media in this country is a huge problem.

1 Like

Thanks 88,
The puppet masters you say?

8 Likes

24 in to catch the 88.

That is true of both sides.

If I was running a campaign I would run it as if We were continually behind in the polls and focus on those swing states without forgetting the others. I would make Biden be on the road pretty much from now until November.

Trump would not be allowed to control the narrative and it would be attack attack attack. Trumps biggest weakness is his ego and his inability to let even the slightest insult be ignored.

There would be an open challenge to Trump to have debate after debate.

I suspect some of these campaign staff are so in the weeds they fail to see the big picture and overrthink.

What I would not do is try and make Biden “a man of the people”. Those type of photo ops where the candidate is sat at counter eating a burger or chicken are just cringeworthy.

The local media market consolidation that occurred under Bush2 pretty much sealed the deal.

You look at who owns what and it breaks down to, what? 10 companies? From your local paper up to who makes the movies we watch.

That’s capitalism, I guess.

:rofl: I can’t believe you posted that.

They’re always just a stonetoss away.

1 Like

I don’t think that’s why. It may be tied into the education system.

We had a pretty good online county paper start up a while back. I’m really hoping it continues to improve.

Pardon the question - but why the hell would any Bernie fans vote for Trump? Most of that crowd wants things like student loan forgiveness, a $15 / hour minimum wage, guaranteed wages even when unemployed, and that type of thing. Does anyone think there’s a chance in hell Trump is going to push anything like that??

Granted, he did push socialized medicine at the beginning of his first term (he was going to send it over to Congress on day 1), but he forgot about that pretty quickly

1 Like

You don’t think a market with 3 tv news stations and 2 newspapers with 5 owners for all of it, consolidating down to 1 owner was a factor?

No competition, no need to be better. No conflicting opinions. Local newspapers used to be in a state of war for the scoop, now they send a reporter to cover the press event.

You aren’t going to get any of it from Biden either.

Probably not - but, let’s face it, he’s probably going to be a 1 term president. At this point, we don’t even know who his VP pick will be. Depending on who that is, he might be able to rope some of those Bernie supporters in if he has a VP pick that’s more into Bernie Sanders territory. It could set that person up for the nomination in 2024.

Nice catch.

And it should be said, +7 is a ■■■■■■■ landslide swing.

1 Like

I’m not sure why they’d want it from anyone. It’s fun to hear the crowing, but didn’t they dodge a bullet when Bernie lost? Why now are they applauding his return?

2 Likes

I have it on very good authority that this year the dems have it locked up tighter than a tick’s ass. Best year ever in politics for them. Who cares who the VP is.

United behind a common enemy…but the party sure as hell not united.

Democrats have successful ran out all the liberals in their party.

1 Like