The problems just don't seem to stop coming for the Navy, evidently the Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy is a diva and is under investigation for creating a hostile work place

This falls in the category of adding insult to injury. :smile: Not even close to being the worst of the Navy’s problems, but strangely indicative of the toxic environment of the Navy today.

Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy Steven Giordano is supposed to be ADVOCATING tor the Navy’s enlisted sailors. Evidently, he thinks the lower enlisted are there to kiss (and wipe) his ass. Abuse of staff and abuse of office. And now he is under investigation by the Navy’s Inspector General.

While this doesn’t make the top 10 of Navy scandals, just another embarrassment in a long line of embarrassments for the Navy.

This guy hits two years as MCPON this fall. I think the Chief of Naval Operations needs to personally talk to this guy and tell him to submit his retirement papers. He definitely does not need to be extended two more years as MCPON.

Giordano, your office may have the billet of a Vice Admiral, but you personally are STILL an enlisted person. No set of china or personal cook for you. :smile:

Fornicator too.

to be fair most khakis are ego driven assclowns… but this guy takes the cake

1 Like

An abusive NCO?

Who would have thought it possible!

he got his position during the Obama years, when narcissists were popular in the military.

Come on man.

then YOU explain how he got the job.

what an idiotic statement… sheesh

The Navy did it. It’s in the article about his fornication.

1 Like

absolutely love it!

I like this version better. Language warning!

That’s not abusive.

I did a hitch in the Army and so experienced Army Basic Training. I know it probably wasn’t as hard core as the Marines, but I have personally experienced a Drill Sergeant screaming in my face. :smile:

But that is not “abuse” nor is it intended as abuse by the Drill Instructors. Basic Training/Boot Camp basically boil down to a two (now three) month high stress mind game. All designed to make a Soldier/Sailor/Airman/Marine out of you. The screaming/pushups/etc. are just part of making sure you can perform under real stress if/when you get into combat or another crisis situation.

What Giordano was doing has nothing to do with training or improving the skills of his staff. His actions were just plain unadorned workplace abuse.

Well there’s this movie clip then:

1 Like

Giordano has resigned in disgrace from the post of Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy, effective immediately. He has submitted his retirement paperwork and most likely the Navy will speed him into retirement as quickly as possible.

Giordano has the shortest tenure of any MCPON, at about 1 year and 9 months. His sudden resignation leaves the MCPON post vacant for the first time since it was created in 1967.

Probably little doubt that the Chief of Naval Operations “suggested” he leave. :smile:

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

.>

I wonder if the CNO will ask a retired MCPON to return in a temporary capacity to bridge the gap while a new MCPON is selcted.

.>>>>