The President's "Right to Try Law"

What a slippery slope. Okay sure someone who is terminal and will die in the near term, where is the cut off where is the boundary and when those people just outside this boundary demand experimental treatments then what? Not saying we shouldn’t do this, just pointing out its not as simple as it looks.

“I like it. I don’t mind,” the president told former NBA star Charles Barkley in an interview that aired Sunday about the term Obamacare.

Seconded.

10 char

The “Enable Quacks To Sell Snake Oil To Desperate, Dying People Act”.

And? That does not mean it is “his” bill. But to be fair, he campaigned for it much more than Trump ever campaigned for this bill, so if that is what counts for ownership…

Heck, he lied to get it passed. That gives Obama naming rights.

Obama campaigned on it and made it a priority for his administration. Just like Trump’s great healthcare plan that would cover everybody at lower cost would be his if it actually existed and was passed.
“Finally have a president with the wisdom”?
Has a bill like this ever passed Congress before?

FYI… 40 states already have a “compassionate use” law on the books.

Not exactly. Everyone knows what Obamacare is. Most folks have no clue what the ACA is. And Obama said that he approved of it being called Obamacare. So there’s that.

May I suggest that you research it? Your doctor is the one who will seek the treatment. And there must be some evidence of safety and possible effectiveness. She can’t simply prescribe dandelion wine because she wants to. I’m guessing that you think that it would be better for a person who has months to live to wait ten or fifteen years for the development and approval process? We are talking about people who have already tried every other alternative. You get that. Right?

I hope it is done carefully and thoughtfully.

IMHO, “right to try” is good law…at the state level! 40 states already have the law in place and being a states right guy, I don’t believe the law should be signed at the federal level. Just my opinion!

I know I’d want to try any option, so a good move IMO.

Disclaimer: He’s still the most disgusting thing to ever occupy 1600 Pennsylvania Ave though.