The Politics Forum and What Makes a Good Political Thread

Mod notes have their place, The vast majority of your mod notes are not a warning shot to someone who is about to cross the line but you wanting to micromanage the thread.

But we are going in circles here. I am knackered and need to sleep.

I do genuinely appreciate the opportunity to have my say without getting banned or a timeout.

2 Likes

I’d like you to prove that please.

Sneaky…my opinion…if I get timed out so be it. Its the interpretation…I post things here a lot that are probably a violation of the troll rule, but because after 17 years here, mods don’t see it as such because I’ve developed a certain type or style. Yet I see others get posts relegated to the cellar for what I see as no more or worse than I have said. This is where it gets confusing. I get responses to my posts that say nothing more than baaaa baaaa regurgibleat this or that.

How does that add to the debate? Or conversation. If those responses aren’t trolling what is? Or does it truly depend on what affiliation you have.

You asked me…so I gave my structured opinion. Its how I see things. Chips…fall where you may.

1 Like

Dude, do you really think I am going to spend hours collating and creating a spreadsheet to prove some point?

I know what I see. I am saying these things in an attempt to make a difference on here not to get one over on you.

Cheers.

2 Likes

Is that dirty???

1 Like

A small discussion that lasts a few posts, and doesn’t derail a thread should be allowed.

ex.

My discussion with rp5x5. A short cordial, back in forth, didn’t derail anything.

another, about discussion needing to stay on topic all the time.

This was originally in the Politics section. If we had stayed on topic, it would not have turned into the awesome thread that it became.

There is a middle ground to be found. But the mods have decided to take the heavy handed approach instead.

1 Like

It doesn’t and that’s exactly the kind of thing referenced in the OP.

Well, you’re wrong and shouldn’t make the accusation if you can’t back it up.

Then why are these posts allowed to stand? I’ve been regurgibleated to death…baaa’d into oblivion. I just either take it or ignore it. Why fight it.

2 Likes

Why and who says what derails the thread?

In your opinion. It was flagged and rightfully so.

I understand that’s the way you see it, multiply it by 50.

We’re going forward, not backwards. The OP in this thread is for everybody.

What gives you the right to turn his OP into a cooking thread?

1 Like

Oh, I figured it was flagged. But I fail to see, how a 5 post discussion, in a 240+ post thread, derailed anything.

Sneaky…I’m late to the thread, I have not read the whole thing. I sincerely hope you and the other mods believe that…otherwise troll threads just run the risk of flagging outta control. I don’t want that.

In your opinion, is your opinion the one that counts in that thread?

Does foreign language require an English translation?

If we didn’t, Fever Dreams would be full.

Each post had an English translation.

No it didn’t. Some did, some didn’t. I looked.

Natural evolution of a thread.

Disrespect for the OP. If he wanted to start a cooking thread in OTB, he’s capable of doing that.