The point of a political ad

yup.

there is a reason why advertising is a multi-billion dollar industry and digital advertising is by itself worth over 100 billion a year…advertising works and a political add is just an offshoot of that industry. All the way back to the Boston massacre with Paul Revere’s propaganda political messaging has been a thing

It’s possible some companies are listening in. But they don’t really need to. Literally everyone is selling your data, and with so much data out there, the algorithms are really good at predicting what to show you. And its not just your data they use, people with similar psychological profiles, and people in the same geolocation are used to target you as well.

For example, Tommy didn’t have to search for Dawson’s Creek or Felicity to get those targeted ads. If his girlfriend did searches, coupled with his previous data, the algorithms can predict he may want to see those ads as well.

drink a Big Red instead

I gotta agree with plasma here. Coke has a much better flavor. Pepsi is just too bland.

1 Like

Coke has a harder taste while Pepsi is sweeter.

Now if I could only get some good beer in Charlotte airport.

My ex-wife is a marketing writer and always said I am useless as a marketing data point. I am the exception to the rule. I spent twenty years absorbing marketing tips and tactics through osmosis and have become immune to it lol.

What does she think of the whole Russia thing

Ex wife. I could ask her as we remain friendly, but we haven’t talked about it.

Would you? I’m curious to see how she feels about the Facebook ad swaying people angle

If I remember, sure. It’s not like we talk all that often though.

This is important

Hmmmm. Is there a specific aspect of it you’d like me to ask her about?

She writes for a website that probably everybody here has been to at least once, and I mean she is THE writer for them, so she ain’t no lightweight, so her opinion would certainly carry a good level of expertise in it. She is fairly liberal though if that means anything. She is also required to be as objective as possible, for online appearances if nothing else.

Oops. Edit here. I see that you already mentioned the swaying angle.

1 Like

I’m gonna guess she thinks people can be swayed