The Physical Pain is Unbearable

Am thinking about everything from a visit to the state marijuana clinic to suicide. I can’t take the physical pain of migraine anymore.

Perhaps ending it is the only solution, but Americans are surviving gunshot to the head and I think a terminal diagnosis is required for assisted suicide.

Have gone to primary care, two neurologists, two acupuncture sessions from which I get some relief, but then the pain returns. Eyes don’t focus through bifocals & the pain is unbearable.

If marijuana doesn’t work I fear this is the only way out of the pain.

I have heard that both LSD and psilocybin (“magic mushrooms”) are surprisingly effective in both preventing and treating migraines and cluster headaches. You can take sub-psychoactive doses, no hallucinations required.

I had problems with cluster headaches several years ago. The doctor prescribed 3g melatonin tablets, which I still take. The headaches returned briefly after I was in the hospital for a GI issue, but have not returned since. Obviously, melatonin is a simplistic solution, but you might want to give it a try. By the way, these were not migranes, as I recall, though I’ve had them in the past.

No it’s not the only way. Please keep seeking help. Something will help. Please tell your primary how desperate the pain is making you. They may not be able to cure the pain, but they can ease the desperation.

I don’t have the pain of migraines, but about 7 years ago I found myself suffering from a chronic pain condition. I was desperate and sought help everywhere and nothing helped.

Not until I gave up trying to"cure" the situation, and started researching chronic pain and how to manage that, that I finally found things that worked. There are tons of books and websites for dealing with and living with chronic pain, and they work!

Please don’t give up!

2 Likes

Is melatonin over the counter?

Or in health food stores?

Both. You can buy it over the counter at a pharmacy, and you can probably find it at health food stores.

My sister takes blood pressure meds that have cured her migraines. Have you asked about this treatment?

Are you serious? Please try everything in your power to get relief. My nephew has migraines and he goes to see doctors that give him a mix of meds that he says helps for a period of time. Please exhaust all options. We only live once and we don’t know what comes next.

Weed is a good option to try. It definitely has a numbing effect on your head. One of the reasons I never liked it. But then again I wasn’t suffering from migraines.

I’m very late to this, but I almost never look at this forum.

I’m so sorry you’re having such a terrible time! I can’t say much about weed helping with migraine pain as most of my migraines happen at work, where I can’t use it. However I recently had major drilling on two adjacent teeth to remove an old filling that had cracked, and had crowns put in. I was in quite a bit of pain for a few days. I took an ancient percocet (sp?) that I had and it helped some but not much. The next night I had some weed. And while it didn’t totally take the pain away it really did help. Dulled it a lot.

What weed is especially effective at, for me, is reducing the number of migraines I have. I used to have 2-3 a week, and since I’ve been using weed somewhat regularly (normally 4 nights a week), my migraines have been reduced to one maybe every 2-3 months if that. Have you tried it yet?

Yes. I’ve bought it at Walmart, Safeway, all over. My doctor first recommended it to me when I had headaches, though they weren’t migranes. But they were pretty intense. It’s natural, it’s safe and it’s very inexpensive, too.

It’s next on my list.

I’ve since returned to the acupuncturist and will probably return for a few visits before we move to our townhouse.

He explained that when a patient catches cold or flu, it throws off progress with pain relief. Fortunately I haven’t had another attack like that since that one.

I’ll get it at Walmart. Thank you.

Great, I hope you don’t have another like that. I don’t know if this will work for you either, but when I feel a migraine starting I put a couple of aspirins under my tongue until they dissolve. Helps, but you have to catch it early. Let me know if you do try the weed and if it helps with the frequency.

1 Like

If you have not already looked into Botox for migraines, please do.
So sorry to hear you are dealing with chronic unbearable pain.

https://www.webmd.com/migraines-headaches/botox-migraines#1

1 Like

Don’t talk that way, my brother did that and it has almost destroyed our family. Try marijuana or if you haven’t tried look into Imitrex injections my cousin suffers bad from migraine and she says it was the only thing that worked for her.

She says she knows it’s a migraine because the imitrex makes her go to sleep and when she wakes up it’s gone.

1 Like

My condolences for the loss of your brother.

Among other things, they are indeed.

I’m late to this too.

Vitamin B2 400mg a day. It worked for my wife.

Here’s something else that shows a lot of promise that you might not have heard of.

1 Like