The ongoing North Korea saga

What happened to the love affair?

North Korea took aim at President Trump on Monday, dubbing him a “heedless and erratic old man,” after he tweeted leader Kim Jong Un wouldn’t want to “void his special relationship” with him or the U.S. by interfering in the 2020 election by acting “in a hostile way.”

The original 2018 agreement was vague at best, and it appears talks have broken down.

“Trump and Kim met for a third time in June at the border between the two Koreas and agreed to resume talks. But an October working-level meeting in Sweden broke down over what the North Koreans described as the Americans’ “old stance and attitude.””

2 Likes

“wHaT hApPeNeD tO tHe LoVe AfFaIr??” says every lib every time NK runs their mouth. :rofl:

Their budding romance had so much potential, I am sad for the lovebirds :broken_heart:

But…but…but…they fell in looooooove. And this time it sounded true.

Unlike Trumps 3 other marriages.

Will Un be the one that got away? Will this Trump’s final lamentation on his death bed? As he exhales his last breath…will it sound like “Uuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnn…”?

the left hates negotiating now. lol

“Negotiating” :rofl:

No one “hates” negotiating. What we favor is negotiating with both parties engaged in a give and take. NK got the prestige of several Presidential meetings – something they had sought unsuccessfully through multiple R & D presidencies and it got the US to cancel joint security ops with South Korea.

In exchange President Trump got a photo op and a bunch of publicity. North Korea gave up NOTHING in its arms programs.

This is what happens when you have a President whose book on deal making was ghost written, since the President himself does not appear to know anything about making deals with people.

The right loves dictators now.

what you favor is narrative for political sakes

like it or not nk demands such. something the other admins eschewed. look how well that worked

these things take time, and may have setbacks. the photo ops can be used as leverage against Kim who depends more on image than trump who is worse than satan in the media already

the last paragraph is always a spleen vent lob of a hate grenade. good job

for negotiation sake. not because of their ideology which is why the left loves them.

being a devout communist you’ll understand

You refuse to address the simple fact: Trump made several concessions in return for nothing. Trump left the first meeting proclaiming NK denuclearization was at hand… but it wasn’t. If you look at the facts, it is clear this was an ill-prepared, ill-informed fiasco by our publicity-hungry President.

Spoken much more in sadness than in hatred.

nah. thats all narrative for political sake

sometimes negotiations are more “give” than “take” at least at first.

it’s subtle i know. glad we have a president who understands

Trump was clear about what he got form the negotiations and Kim Jung Un has been clear that since he has gotten what he can out of Trump he is back to firing missiles and lobbing verbal grenades. There is no basis for claiming something good is coming later… which is also a narrative for political sake.

Our President does not even understand how to flush a toilet, how can you expect him to understand diplomatic negotiations?

“trump cant flush a toilet”

perfect. you’re ready for cable tv ace

1 Like

This is where I wish we had more bipartisanship, racking up political points even in the threat of nuclear armageddon. I am no neocon but this is why Iran can’t get the bomb, it’s bad enough the hermit kingdom was allowed to get one but in the hands of the mullah’s, who the thought of nuclear mutual annihilation might not sound like a bad idea with them is a terrifying thought.

1 Like

So you agree with Trump’s statement that Americans have to flush toilets ten or fifteen times? I notice every time I mention something specific Trump has done you run away from it. You are attacking me because you have no defense for your man

That’s just a little playful flirtation between lovebirds. Keeps things saucy between tinpot dictators and those who wish they could be one.

1 Like

Honestly I think Kim just wants some attention so he is trolling the troll

you want to make this all about toilet flushes now?

“your” man? lol

Yeah he totally gets that. :roll_eyes:

Trump and Kim met for a third time in June at the border between the two Koreas and agreed to resume talks. But an October working-level meeting in Sweden broke down over what the North Koreans described as the Americans’ “old stance and attitude.”

https://www.foxnews.com/world/north-korea-trump-erratic-old-man