The Official Lib Lie of the Day Regarding Trump Thread

It’s a convenient time for you to start caring about context.

1 Like

How does one champion and defend Trump, and at the same time complains that “libs” “don’t care about the truth anymore” when it comes to Trump?? I mean, how is that even sort of psychologically possible?

This was you, right?

It’s very easy. When it comes to Trump the left will prefer a smear over the truth anytime.

The OP is a good example.

Let’s throw a few trumpers at the wall and see what sticks.

1 Like

Trump, Obama, Bush and Clinton all said they’d move the US embassy to Jerusalem. Who told the truth and who lied?

All of them.

k

10 chara

Link to Obama saying he would move the US Embassy to Jerusalem.

Mind, saying “Jerusalem is the capital of Israel” is not the same as promising to “move the US Embassy” there.

That wasn’t the question. You acknowledge that Trump is a congenital, habitual liar, who lies like other people breathe. The question again was how one can complain about press coverage which you deem incomplete or inaccurate (you label it, incorrectly, “lying”), when Trump himself lies constantly, with not a peep of complaint from you. Trump lies about his press coverage all the time.

Trump doesn’t have to be smeared, the way right-wing partisan hacks smeared Hillary Clinton, and Obama, and John Kerry before that. Trump is a walking, talking self-smearing individual, no need to add anything, not even water.

The OP Is a good example of what? Of complete bull ■■■■ coming from a Trump cultist? Yes.

1 Like

What made me say this was a video I saw the other day, in which all three said it. I noticed in the video that Obama, when saying it was in “get elected mode” and he looked young, so it’d have been before his first term. I have searched YouTube and I can’t find it. The hard part was that it was encased in someone else’s video so…I give.

I didn’t expect much. Remember, this is the guy bragging about being able to grab women… This is his third marriage…so we know he’s lied to two wives, all the witnesses and to The Lord whom they asked to bless them. The lies are no surprise. What’s a surprise is how well he’s doing and I’m absolutely ecstatic that he won. If he gets that southern border wall built, you’ll hear me on your side of the continent…believe me.

That wasn’t the question, again. The question was: how can you complain, with anything resembling a straight face, about what you call lies about Trump? It would seem to take a rare sort of hypocrisy.

Maybe it is? I guess I hold the media to a higher standard than any politician?

Maybe it is, what? And no, you don’t hold “the media” to a higher standard. You selectively complain about what you perceive as inaccuracies when it comes to coverage of Trump, is all. When it came to coverage of Clinton, or Obama, you didn’t give ■■■■ #1, much less 2, about the myriad right-wing media distortions, half-truths, lies by omission, and simple lies. Now, you say “it’s worse.” It is to laugh.

The negative news about Obama wasn’t anything like Trump. Are you kidding me? They’re handing out Nobel Peace Prizes to Obama and I’ve yet to hear how he earned it and with Trump he gets a special investigator looking for Russian collusion that four intelligence agencies testified numerous times they had no evidence of any kind supporting it. Now give me a break.

To answer your first question…hypocritical.

Are you suggesting that the negative news about Trump doesn’t reflect the reality of Trump? It sounds like you’re offering up another tired round of both-siderism, that news coverage should be the same for everyone, no matter the difference in facts, reality, events, actions.

Are you suggesting Trump didn’t earn a special counsel investigation? The FBI was investigating some of his associates for Russian contacts before the election. Trump fired the FBI head, stating publicly in that Holt interview that he did so largely to get the FBI’s investigation off his back. If the analogous situation were happening with President Obama, you and Sean Hannity would be going bananas criticizing and convicting him for all this.

There’s no “maybe” about it, but thanks for admitting it.

I’m suggesting the quantity of bad coverage is OVERWHELMINGLY slanted against Trump where as Obama would get the normal abuse from the opposing side. Give me an example of any complaint made by large media enterprises against Obama that can compare with the amount of coverage for “two scoops of ice cream”? I’ll wait…

…oh…and just as stupid as that was.