The Official 2022 Midterm Election Thread

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

This is why we can’t have nice things.

2 Likes

OK apologies. I typed that out too fast and was attributing to you something Camp said.

1 Like

Hearing that the DeSantis win and Trump backed candidates losses is showing his grip is weakning (Thank God)

Also, the fraud thing was mainly Trump, as you said, those that lost are not crying fraud.

3 Likes

Well Kari Lake has already brought up the potential of fraud should she lose.

The ballot scanning errors in Maricopa are fueling that.

Y’all remember back in the day when we voted on paper and we knew who won that same night?

:person_shrugging:

3 Likes

You underestimate the GOP ability to screw up a wet dream

2 Likes

The counting was never completed in one night.

The “calls” were made by news media using algorithms…and those were also the days we didn’t have so many 50-49 finishes.

1 Like

When do the Trump tax cuts expire? :wink:

2 Likes

During Desantis first term :grin:

1 Like

Maricopa has counted early ballots dropped off through Saturday and Election Day ballots. They are now starting to count early ballots dropped off post Saturday.

You can read their status updates in this thread starting with this tweet -

I know it’s not being overlooked, but look again. DeSantis got 60% of the vote in Florida. If he can muster a portion of that on the national level….whoa boy.

4 Likes

55 percent among Puerto Ricans

50 percent among all Latinos other than Cubans and Puerto Ricans

Those are some crazy numbers

1 Like

I’m just going to say it. 10:00pm, how many boxes of ballots do we need?

2 Likes

I know, right?

Same margin as Newsome. 2024 will be interesting

1 Like

The significance of DeSantis gaining 60% in a state that can go either way is pretty big.

Sure.

He also gave out checks. Aka “free stuff”. Just like Newsome.

If the GOP wants to look at yesterday as a 2024 preview…Desantis won big over Trump yesterday.

Yes Trump can claim “174-9” all he wants, but how May of those 174 would have lost even had he not endorsed them?

His track records in the competitive races has not been good so far.

Given trumps win there and now desantis i don’t think it’s a state that can go either way anymore. I think it’s red for now.

That doesn’t take away from your point though. 60 percent is a great number

Yeah Trump won, but not with 60%.

Trump is now out to destroy his closest competitor in 2024. Trump never had good coattails…we will see how Trumpers feel when the choice is between Trump himself and someone else.

Trump can always rally people when he’s rallying them to support HIM.

1 Like