The number of black-owned small businesses in the U.S. increased by a staggering 400% in a year-over-year time period from 2017 to 2018

You can try to spin it anyway you want but the fact remain the economy was just barely crawling at 1.6 percent in Obama final year.

I’m glad to see that some level headed posters came along to shine some light on how ridiculous that OP claim is.

400% increase. Hahahahaha

Here are some facts for you conan.

Conan: An annual review of Obama years shows he never had annual 3% growth over any consecutive 12 month period within the same annualized calendar year during a specific year, or 13 moons, within the same calendar year, of his presidency. No other measure matters.

That will be his only answer, repeated, forever.

More jobs were created during Obama’s final year than during Trump’s first year.

2016: 2.240 million
2017: 2.188 million

This is a thread about black-owned businesses, how can I not talk about race?

If you look at that infographic there is nothing there about 400 percent increases, nothing about 45% of startups being African American either. The site publishing this infographic is making that up and using this item to validate it when it does no such thing. If you google this data dozens of conservative web sites pop up.

So basically, its a lie and a viral one.

How would you stop violence in Chicago and Baltimore?

1 Like

I take issue with the notion that this is the “best consumer environment”.

Don’t. I don’t anymore.

1 Like

Actually that’s true the article posted all the stats with charts and everything but no reason why the sudden positive change, so that should tell you something that they didn’t want to give credit to the current consumer and business confidence and booming economy to Trumps Administration so they just left the reader hanging.

This business boon is what MAGA looks like, get used to it! :us:

Before you next feel compelled to tell me what an OP linked article has said please do read the actual article in question before you make yourself look foolish again, inappropriately attributing what has taken place to that which was not the cause.

From the OP Article.

WHY BLACK AMERICANS ARE STARTING BUSINESSES

Sixty-two percent of African Americans said their desire to pursue their passion motivated them to start a business. Another 53% said they were ready to be their own boss. Meanwhile, 30% said they launched a startup when the “opportunity presented itself” and 22% said they were dissatisfied with working in corporate America. Twelve percent said they launched a business after being laid off or outsourced.

Gee.

Not one percentage point in the given reasons for this increase in Black owned businesses is said to be because of Donny Trump or his Administration.

1 Like

Running your own business can be so stressful that it shortens your life. Trump hates black people.

1 Like

and another month of record low unemployment… Trump is Cool

Trump is all about stolen honor.

and record low unemployment…

That was just for Target… But, it’s a great retail increase over all…

How is Target even still in business? I thought the conservative boycott was going to bankrupt them?

Not possible. Conservatives don’t believe in boycotts.

Why didn’t that happen under 'bama? Doesn’t he care about his bros?

What is ‘Target’?