The no spin truth about Russian "meddling."

You could have saved us both a little time and just not responded to me with your typical uninformed and/or trollish nonsense.

Hopefully you’ll think of that next time.

So true!!! Why do you think they sent the server off to be wiped? And who exactly has the server these days? Anybody know?

Because the server was also no longer going to be used. Wiping equipment that is no longer in use is just smart. I do so when I’m recycling my equipment.

That document does not refer to government owned equipment.

If a Private in the Army had done what Clinton did he would be under Leavenworth.

The goobermint has very strict rules about destruction of its property.

1 Like

I’m rubber and you’re glue. Whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you.

This is about the 3rd grade level material I’ve come to expect from you. Why do you even bother?

Takes one to know one.

How do you know her devices were government property?

Here’s another document, which certainly does apply to government devices, anyway: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://nvlpubs.nist.gov/nistpubs/specialpublications/nist.sp.800-88r1.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjdpLG9r6fcAhVCneAKHZdMCsoQFjAAegQIBBAB&usg=AOvVaw09VqV5e5zlLc3tiqxq6r_s

According to NIST, she should have incinerated them.

Not smart. It’s illegal. How you work and how government works are not the same. There are procedures that must be followed to prevent incriminating evidence from being destroyed. They have people who do that. They just don’t say that anyone is allowed to destroy government records whenever they see fit. You keep dancing around this. Destroying government records is not part of the description of the secretary of state. It was a crime for her to do it period. END OF STORY.

She is not allowed to do it herself on her own volition.

I don’t know why anyone bothers with him.

Bills to who?

If she used them for government business, then they are an official part of the government record. She cannot destroy them legally. I think she admitted that she used them for work. They must be preserved as part of the official record.

Actually, you’ve got that flipped around.

It’s illegal to not destroy government data at the end of its life-cycle. Each agency is tasked with implementing it’s own destruction policies, according to NIST guidelines (which I’ve posted).

They were personal devices. Not government property.

Swing and a miss.

You understand how email works, right?

If I destroy my computer, I’m not destroying those emails. They still exist on the server.

Any “governemnt records” that she had on her phone were also somewhere else - destroying her old phones did not destroy the data.

Actually they do. Each individual in government is responsible for identifying and preserving government records. They simply don’t have the staff to do it for everyone individually.

They submitted what they thought needed to be preserved and destroyed the server securely.

Smart.

Did you read the links Doc provided?

Physical destruction
Physical destruction is the ultimate way to prevent others from retrieving your information. Of course, you should physically destroy the device only if you do not plan to give it to someone else.
Specialized services will disintegrate burn, melt, or pulverize your computer drive and other devices. If for some reason you do not wish to use a service, it is possible for you to destroy your hard drive by drilling nails or holes into the device yourself or even smashing it with a hammer.

They definitely weren’t. They were personal devices. Government devices were unable to connect to personal email accounts so she never used one.

The NIST document places the responsibility for making sanitization decisions with the department, and ultimately with the department head.

As SoS, was Clinton not the “head” of the State Dept?