The no spin truth about Russian "meddling."

But we really aren’t talking about non-classified government emails.

The other poster stated it’s illegal to store any government information on a personal device. I want to know where that comes from.

No. But I will site the fact that she deleted 33,000 emails that were owned by the government, not by her. Again. Criminal.

If that were the case, no device that is non-dod would be able to receive emails originating from the DoD.

You won’t cite a law because it doesn’t exist.

Each government employee is responsible for figuring out what does and doesn’t need to be preserved.

Sorry. Again, just not true. What is or is not to be preserved as part of the public record is not subject to the whim of any corrupt bureaucrat or politician. What you state is simply false.

NARA Bulletin 2014-6

“4. What is the role of Federal employees in email management?
Currently, in many agencies, employees manage their own email accounts and apply their own understanding of Federal records management. This means that all employees are required to review each message, identify its value, and either delete it or move it to a recordkeeping system. Some email, such as spam or all-staffannouncements, may be deleted immediately. On the other hand, substantive policy discussions conducted in email may be appropriate for preservation for several years or ultimate transfer to NARA.”

You keep meandering away from your original point which has been delightful to see.

Each government employee is tasked with identifying which of their own records should be preserved. Do you really think the government has enough archivists to look through every little thing and identify what needs to be preserved?

I already cited a number of sections of the Code that mandate every federal agency to follow NIST IT Security guidelines (the 800 series of NIST paper).

The NIST guidelines mandate that every agency create their own IT Security procedures that meets their minimum standards (with the exception of DoD, which has its own, entirely separate procedures).

I don’t have a copy of the State department’s regulations - that’s administrative law, a topic that I’m not particularly familiar with. But the NIST guidelines place ultimate responsibility with the head of department, which Clinton was at the time.

He’s not wrong.

Ahh, but with government server, the government employee has no say at all. The government takes control of the employee’s account when they leave. On Hillary’s private server that wasn’t possible. That is specifically why she used her private server, so that she could delete any incriminating emails; to the tune of 33,000 emails.

Anyone but Hillary would already be in jail.

There was no policy in the state department that required employees to use .gov email.

There is still nothing requiring the use of a government computer to conduct government business.

Complete nonsense. There was no law preventing Clinton from using private e-mail to conduct government business.

As the FBI and IG pointed out, a prosecution of Clinton for what you propose would have been unprecedented.

:rofl: ok comrade.

What gave Harry Reed the right to lie about Romneys tax returns on the senate floor and not receive any punishment. All’s well as long as it benefits your side.

:smile:

What punishment did you have in mind, for politicians who lie?

1 Like

I want to highlight this for two reasons - this is a common refrain.

First of all, I’m sure I don’t need to tell you that a Private in the Army is subject to an entirely separate and additional criminal code that Hillary Clinton was not, and is not subject to.

Second, it’s an undeniable fact of reality that the top of the command pyramid is not subject to the same rules as someone at the bottom.

No civilian has ever been charged under the statute you guys believe Clinton should have been charged under, absent intent. There’s a strong argument that to charge someone under that statute without intent would be found unconstitutional.

1 Like

Sure they were. 'Cause Jen said so.

It was stated so in the FBI report. You should read it sometime.

Jen told the FBI.