The NFL needs to scrap its anthem policy all together

Just look at the players that didn’t kneel and just stood there. They weren’t showing disrespect and they weren’t showing respect. They just stood there and all was fine with the owners and the fans.

“Colored people” was once ok. In fact, the NAACP proves that. Now…it’s no longer PC.

[quote=“Calvin_Reagan, post:1, topic:1123”]
The best solution is to simply play the anthem and then have the players come out. Seeing as how we cannot be tolerant, open-minded and act like adults, we should end the policy all together.
[/quote]

That or just don’t play the Anthem before games. It is after all just a tradition and not anything that is required.

Lord knows not playing the Anthem before a game won’t make any player or spectator less Patriotic, or playing it make one more Patriotic, for that matter.

1 Like

What if an owner fined players for not bowing their heads for the daily prayer before every practice?

It’s silly as it just seems people decided it needed to be played at some point, an d well, sports is good enough reason as any?

1 Like

The problem is the military pays the NFL a nice chunk of change to continue the conflation of the American flag with the military.

Indeed, it’s why in 2008, the players now were on the field and the NA began being televised.

Before that, they were still in the locker room, and the national anthem was never televised.

So that will never happen as long as the military wants to keep paying the major sports leagues to be a recruiting tool for them.

1 Like

More brown and black people get unduly shot by police, that whites.

That is one of the privileges we get for being white.

It aint fair, but that is a fact.

Not true and you know it.

The military budget needs to be cut by half. No advertising.

I’ll put you down as not caring. No problem, everyone has a different view on this issue.

Even during the riots and civil protests during the 1960, professional sports players did not take a knee during the playing of the anthem. Now, when the players get seven figure salaries, they feel the need to act out their politics with the anthem.

What happened to the old days, when a player might tell a reporter, before the game, I’ll play this game in honor of my father.

I’d have respect for these guys if they put their time and money where their mouth is, and spent the off season volunteering to go on police ride-alongs, helped the local community, donated to a charity or dedicated time to troubled youth groups, boys clubs, etc… I would assume some patriotic players with character do this, without all seeking out all the fanfare and whining to the press.

I suspect that too many of them live high on their seven figure salaries, and the limits of their concern is to take a knee before the game, and while they enjoy round of pats on the back from the other SJWs.

1 Like

Regardless of what we think of the players’ motives, it is saddening and chilling to see symbol worship masquerade as patriotism.

Even more saddening to conflate the symbols of our country with the military and turn the flag and the National Anthem into a recruiting poster.

1 Like

That won’t solve the problem. The evil players are hell bent on expressing their racist, anti cop, anti America opinions on the field, during a game.

The only solution is to fine them for doing it. The fine has to be significant. The events during and surrounding an NFL game are not the time for a player to spout personal messages.

This is extraordinary ignorant my friend,for many many reasons.

For starters, when the NFL decided to take money from our military, they never mandated that players stand for the national anthem. It was always a SUGGESTION. So the people who “cut the check” never had the “stand” or “hit the highway” viewpoint.

Employers do not have complete control over their employees. Workers have rights. To argue otherwise, indicates one favors authoritarian viewpoint of work. In my world and the reasonable world, you have to have a balance view.

We have labor laws. We have bathroom breaks and PTO for a reason.

And I know for a fact, you don’t ACTUALLY believe this. You just don’t like/agree with the cause.

Your argument is rather odd.

Nobody protests during a wedding or a funeral, unless you’re talking about the hate group Westbro Baptist Church.

People kneel during funerals all the time, especially military ones.

In fact, the kneel gesture is one of the HIGHEST forms of respect, you can give. It shows SUBMISSION and the belief that there are powers above you.

The reason why was Kaepernick kneeling in the first place was to honor the wishes of military veteran Nate Boyer. Boyer felt that kneeling
was a sign of respect for the flag and the military, but at the same time, showing social change needs to occur.

Again, the narrative being presented by Trump and his zombie followers are that the kneelers are anti-military, anti-America, and are somehow protesting the national anthem. They are not.

1 Like

The obdurateness of these pseudo-patriots offended by the kneeling of athletes during the national anthem while failing to recognize or even acknowledge the cause that brought about the patriotic protest, is par for the course.

Very true, and you know it.

( of course, you have to break it down per capita)

I don’t see what the problem is now? No one is forced to come out and stand for the flag. Those that do not wish to stand can stay inside. The only difference with your idea is to not allow those that wish to stand on the field.

There some things where PC is stupid.
Other times, where it makes sense.

Personally, unless one is being very rude, I really don’t give a crap.

The players are not feeling pain from their actions. They are doing what they feel is right, to highlight a wrong, an injustice.

Apparently the ones who are feeling pain are idgets like Trump and yourself, who think they are being disrespectful or unpatriotic by doing what they are doing.

When in fact, what they are doing, is a big part of what America is supposed to represent.

Trump, and those that support him, are the ■■■■■■ bags in this scenario.