The NFL doesn't know when to quit. I'm done

I tried to get back into watching professional sports. But the commissioners keep screwing it up. Now the NFL has decided to put their political messages in the end zones of football fields. Sorry, but I don’t watch sports to get some millionaire’s opinion of politics and social justice. I couldn’t care less what they have to say. I watch sports to get away from that crap. Now they have totally ruined it. Sorry folks, for me and millions of others, that’s just not good entertainment. So I’m done for this year. For those of you who like your sports contaminated by politics, then knock yourselves out.

3 Likes

I’m not a big sports fan but I do understand the sentiment.

Unless your job or career is politics it should remain out of the work place.

The workplace should not be a platform for your political beliefs. These folks are paid to play sports not make political statements.

IMO, fire them all and start all over. Plenty of talented athletes out there.

1 Like

You know what? The NFL is a business after all. If it doesn’t hurt them enough in revenues they’re not going to care. It all depends on how many people do what you’re going to do.

The public pays their salaries (indirectly). If nobody watched, the league’s revenue stream would evaporate.

I’d say the drop in revenue that the politicization will cause will be wholly evident by the end of the year. But I suspect the league will say that covid was the reason for it. It’ll take several years of diminished viewership to get the message across.

2 Likes

I walked away couple years ago…haven’t watch one single professional game in about 4 or 5 years. That included super bowl and world series.

2 Likes

byeFelicia

:v:t6:

I’ll be watching and hopefully enjoying football.

4 Likes

As a business owner, the public pays my salary, too.

I cannot begin to imagine introducing politics into my business because politics has nothing to do with my business.

I don’t watch sports myself but most of my family does and they all say their not putting up with this nonsense and have soured on their favorite sports. I don’t know who these idiot owners think is going to replace their all American audience because it’s sure not going to be the far left hate America cancel culture creatures they’re pandering to. :woman_shrugging:t2:

Don’t care. Watching my Saints.

3 Likes

It’s definitely a head scratcher for me.

Agreed. This was just my personal decision. If someone else decides it’s okay, then that’s their call.

I’m not asking you not to. Enjoy!

As am I with my Chiefs…Kinda doesn’t feel like a legit repeat season though…we have 5-6 players opting out. I imagine other teams do as well. Kind of feels like a strike season.

Nobody wants to stop you. :v:t2:

Are you sure?

Yes. I’m sure. Have you heard of any organized attempt to shut down the NFL? No, you have not. Millions of people will watch and millions of disillusioned folks will decide not to. Nobody is trying to take away the NFL.

Yup. There’s no monster under your bed or possessing your remote control.

I’ve been watching football all of my life. Sports since single digit age. In just the past two years I am now alone watching the NFL. It used to be me and my friends and family. Now it’s just me.

The amount of commercials have pissed me off to the point I only watch my favorite team and playoffs. I’m not that far off from canning it all depending on what they try to push on me.

https://sports.yahoo.com/president-trump-boycott-nfl-us-112416668.html

hmm…how many people follow his every word or action?

Yep. The amount of actual playing time in the three hours is absurdly low. Also, It’s such a zebra dominated game. A total flag fest. They’ve ruined it.

1 Like