The Next World Financial Meltdown is Ready to Explode Again

Dollars are the only thing you can use to pay your taxes.
(They don’t accept chickens, tobacco, dried fish or gold.)

Dollars are debt, they are, in effect an advanced payment of taxes, yours or someone else.

No alien conspiracy theory, necessary,
No "banks are the mafia ho print a zillion dollars at the speed of electrons, necessary.

A Fed with a printing press is still dangerous, remains true
Hard money is better than inflatable money, remains true.

1 Like

Your gaslighting is absurd. Federal Reserve Notes are used to satisfy the payment of taxes, not Dollars.

JWK

Right

On a different note, I haven’t seen any zombies yet.

But yesterday I saw a werewolf with a Chinese menu.

1 Like

Are you also indicating there is no distinction between Federal Reserve Notes and Dollars? If so, I suggest that is gaslighting.

I made no such indication. Suggesting I did (even if just in question form) is disingenuous.

I pointed out what I did as a way to help you.

You’re coming across as unnecessarily combative. It’s worth some introspection. You’re not making any allies with your current approach.

I simply asked a question of you since the gaslighting comment was in reference to an indication there is no distinction between Federal Reserve Notes and Dollars

Are we all now in agreement there is a distinction between Federal Reserve Notes and Dollars?

JWK

When Federal Reserve Notes were made a legal tender in violation of our Constitution, and a direct un-apportioned tax was imposed upon the people without their consent, America’s free enterprise, free market system was subjugated, and the tools of oppression and thievery were made available to some very immoral and nefariously evil people.

A disingenuous one.

I’ll repeat: You’re coming across as unnecessarily combative. It’s worth some introspection. You’re not making any allies with your current approach.

You are beating a dead horse, and you never answered the question.

Are we now all in agreement that there is a distinction between Federal Reserve Notes and Dollars?

JWK

Clearly.

I am still curious to know if those in the thread agree there is a clear distinction between Federal Reserve Notes

and United States Dollars

The banking problems are moving into Europe.

What difference are we supposed to be seeing?

They are both “real money” in the sense I can use them to purchase things or pay bills with.

The difference is that the melt value of a silver dollar is $16.89 at current prices.

1 Like

It goes deeper.

Fiat currency nominally cannot exist without big banks and big government to insist that it exists. Specie physically exists and has been valued and used by man from when both banks and modern states were still in the distant future.

The first is a sort of mass delusion of reality dependent on a sort of blind faith in stability of institutions, the second is just what is with scarcely any need for intervention by institutions and continues to exist when those institutions fail.

All you need to know about the IMF is what they did to Sri Lanka. Don’t take their advice.

Ever since I joined this forum we have been warned that Fiat currency is going to collapse yet 20 years later the world is still turning and I can still use the money I get paid each month to live, but things etc.

I have never come across a business that asks me to pay in gold or silver or pay them in chickens etc.

1 Like

People fail to understand that both fiat money and commodity money have their issues, and there is no nirvana awaiting us by returning to commodity money.

1 Like

There is especially no nirvana waiting for us
by having a central group of people choose a commodity and command us all to use that as money. EG “You must use gold as money.” or “You must use tobacco certificates as money.” or “You must use dried fish as money.”

Think of it as a sliding scale.

Physical money doesn’t need government and banks to exist. Darn cumbersome to confiscate too.

… FDR and company should have been lynched rather than complying with the seizure of gold…

Fiat currency only exists when government or banks claim it does and people believe them … but it’s still a hassle for those to confiscate all the “money”.

Digital money not only needs big government and central banks to exist but they can turn your money off and on at will, or limit its use or confiscate it, to suit them with little effort.

2 Likes