The Next World Financial Meltdown is Ready to Explode Again

I am increasingly convinced the individual vote means little to nothing anymore. The plutocracy goes far beyond partisan bickering and will protect itself by any means necessary.

Ladies and gentleman, we found the one person on this board with the stamina to read Infinite Jest.

1 Like

Mark this day in history…we agree again.

As well as by using the power of the government to protect their fortunes.

If government being in league with businessman bothers you, why would you elect a businessman to run the government?

I mean, trump didn’t even divest himself from his interests!

1 Like

I’m trying for the second time. On p. 225 ±.

Best of luck to you. You made it farther than I ever did.

Cat burglars are superb helping design systems to stop crime.

Is Trump doing anything to prevent another melt down?

Anything at all?

What has trump done in thins respect?

It took me six months but I did it.

One of the funniest books I ever read even with it being as opaquely dense as Heart of Darkness.

There are certain parts of that book that do stick with you when you read it because they are so incredibly surreal.

Wallace is at his finest when he’s writing essays, IMO.

1 Like

The architect of the Trump tax cut was Gary Cohn

Did you know that the media was as biased as it is? Did you realize the lies they tell and then do small retractions as if that will make everything ok? This is just one example.

currently in UK (home) on business and watched a prog called "The bank that nearly broke Britten, it told the story of RBS and how Sir Fred, the shred, Goodwin took the company to the heights, biggest business on balance sheet in the world the crashed it due to hubris

well wort a watch

Thats an example of cat burglers setting betting traps?

We were talking about the financial system and business people. And you talk about the media lying and retracting?

1 Like

i remember zanny getting really mad when trump picked his 5th goldman guy to help run in his administration …

Oh wait…he didnt say anything

1 Like

I’m surprised there hasn’t been another housing bubble burst. They are tons of people here in Seattle over the years signing 30 year mortgages for homes costing a million dollars that was worth $350,000 about four years ago. When the bubble bursts they will be the first to walk away from
their mortgages.

Housing probably won’t be the primary cause of the next recession, but it will definitely bite a lot of people in the ass.

You lost me.

4 years ago the home was worth 350k and now worth a million . . . with a 30 year mortgage with a set rate (unless it’s an ARM) and they are just gong to walk about from 500K in equity?