The Next Recession Will Destroy Millennials

The yearly average growth has been less than in the Obama years…certainly FAR less than in the Reagan years…to name two recent examples. We can also throw in the Clinton years where tech transformation powered growth even through “regressive” policies like tax increases and lessened government spending.

In what way can this be considered to be “one of the greatest economies our country has ever known?”

Seriously…what metrics are you using here?

1 Like

:rofl:

From the same article…

Evaluation of ‘talking yourself into recession’

I should mention briefly that there is no guarantee that talking about a recession will make it happen.

• Maybe firms and consumers don’t pay too much attention to politicians / economists and continue to spend anyway.
  • The economy has self-correcting mechanisms. E.g. Loss of confidence could cause Pound to fall in value, which helps boost domestic demand.
  • It depends on whether talk of recession is based on economic realities, e.g. after global credit crunch, it would be expected people fear and talk about recession. But, here the recession was not so much caused by the talk of recession, but the actual economic reality of banks running out of money.
1 Like

Trump said it so they just parrot what he said.

IIRC, @Smyrna has gave credit to Obama for getting our country out of the great recession.

He has…but that doesn’t mean he is correct about the economy under Trump.

That’s exactly right and no one can ever take that away from President Obama. He made chicken salad out of George’s chicken feces.

1 Like

Those facts aren’t as important or something

1 Like

What is this a joke? This economy isn’t even as good as the 90s let alone the 50s or 60s.

3 Likes

ummm…I’d like to retire someday.

1 Like

They have been told to FEEEEEEEEL as if talking about the actual data points and indicators that show a potential recession looming, means that those talking about it A) want it to happen, and B) will be the cause of it happening. Facts be damned. It is mind-numbing, really.

My staff is majority Gen Z (late millennial) and almost entirely millennials ■■■■■■ I’m a millennial and their boss) and I never see what’s the big difference is.

3 Likes

Work hard, work smart, diversify in things other than the stock market…like buy land on water, sacrifice the wants of today for the needs of tomorrow and you’ll do it. I wish you well in your endeavors…seriously.

yep. That’s a super easy thing to do for lower, middle income families

1 Like

^spoken like a coastal elite who is detached from the struggles of the common man

2 Likes

We are all bon naked and broke.

Everyone cries about millennials crying too much, but the ones saying it are crying too and half of the boomers and Gen Xers crying struggled with programming the VCR, let alone Microsoft Office 365.

I mean, Gen Z is different but it’s not all that crazy. They’re more openly emotional and worse at face to face interactions but navigate through social media and ■■■■ like we rode our bikes in the alley. They’re definitely less prejudiced than my generation, let alone any of you born before the 80s.

2 Likes

Wow…you really do think small, don’t you?

That still doesn’t make Trump’s economy “the best this country has ever seen”.

And you think like a coastal elitist detached from the struggles a majority of Americans deal with

1 Like

Well that’s not even a little bit accurate. Huh

1 Like