The "national emergency" in the context of Constitutional Governance

So Trump cannot use the military funds to build a border wall since that would be a function of law enforcement, not military.

It has everything to do with it.

Which you know since you deliberately deleted my explanation as to why when you quoted me.

Shall we continue to play this game where you try and win an argument by deliberately altering quotes of posters?

I’ll keep calling this tactic out of you keep using it.

You forgot to explain what it has to do with what I wrote.

:roll_eyes:

JWK

Do you really want single payer government operated health-care? Move into public housing [the projects], live there for a year, and then make your decision.

I did explain.

You cut that explanation out…deliberately.

So go back and read my post and honestly respond to it.

Or not. Your choice.

1 Like

are t

Are they not federal judges because you anoint the left wing judges.

there are no left wing federal judges nor right wing federal judges.

Just federal judges. the Chief Justice is right on this one.

Allan

I fully expect them to do that, with or without Trump’s declaration. We already saw a preview of how DEMs will rule by fiat with Obama.

Ahhhhhhh………….

If only that were true. But we both know that simply isn’t the case. I offer the contentious Gorsuch and Kavanaugh nominations as proof positive. If they truly were just judges, they would have gotten overwhelming DEM support - as they are both imminently qualified.

They certainly haven’t pulled this kind of presidential power play regarding Climate Change before. I hope they cram it right down your throats now.

Gorsuch will be even handed, even Kavanagh might surprise you given there are zero political debts to be paid by lifetime appointees.

They were nominated by a republican, remember that Garland was also qualified and not even brought up for a vote.

Allan

Eminent, no imminent.

And no, they weren’t “just judges” at the time, they were nominees sitting before the Senate. As they are now confirmed judges, no one would doubt their authority granted them by the constitution.

You’re confusing separate issues.

1 Like

You are making my point with Garland. If judges were just judges, then Garland would now be sitting on the SCOTUS.

I’m not confusing anything…

As with Nebraska, you and I have nothing more to say to one another.

but he was qualified and got no vote.

you made my point.

Kavanuagh was nominated by a trump.

Garland by Obama.

thats why the sides were against them.

Garland is, was and always will be a moderate.and qualified he was only opposed by McConnell
because he was nominated by Obama.

Now if you want to talk about the politicization Over SCOTUS nominees you have a point.

Allan

Allan

In a perfect world judges would be judges. We both know that the differences between a Ginsberg and a Gorsuch are ideological, despite what Roberts claims.

A radical LW activist judge in SF is not just a another judge. That judge is an activist. There are activist courts. The 9th is a prime example. They are overturned a large majority of the time. They are reliably LW activist.

Sooooooooo…………………

Yes in a perfect world, judges would be judges. But this world is far from perfect.

You’ve already told me everything I need to know!

This is a lie propagated by conservative media.

Garland was also eminently qualified.

Yep! But that isn’t the point that I’m arguing.

We both know that in today’s reality, many judges have an ideological bent that influences their rulings. If that weren’t the case, there would be no reason for court shopping when bringing a politically motivated lawsuit.

Dem rule by fiat-bad.
Rep rule by fiat-good!

We get it!

1 Like

Here are the facts

"The 9th Circuit’s reversal rate is higher than average, but it’s not the absolute highest among the circuit courts. That distinction goes to the 6th Circuit, which serves Ohio, Michigan, Kentucky and Tennessee, with an 87 percent average between 2010-15. The 9th Circuit is in third place.

1. 6th Circuit - 87 percent;
  2. 11th Circuit - 85 percent;
  3. 9th Circuit - 79 percent;
  4. 3rd Circuit - 78 percent;
  5. 2nd Circuit and Federal Circuit - 68 percent;
  6. 8th Circuit - 67 percent;
  7. 5th Circuit - 66 percent;
  8. 7th Circuit - 48 percent;
  9. DC Circuit - 45 percent;
  10. 1st Circuit and 4th Circuit - 43 percent;
  11. 10th Circuit - 42 percent."

they overturned at a high % but not the highest.

Allan

1 Like