The National Divorce

I disagree, America as nation has gone through this before in different forms, the civil war being the most bloody.

But I agree with Snowfinch on this one:

I would not go so far as optimism, just emphasizing that a great many of these ā€œirreconcilable differencesā€ are not intrinsic. They are induced via party affiliation.

The parties polarize the electorate to consolidate power. They are creating the differenceā€¦ and that mechanism can be used to reconcile difference as well.

Hard to say if conditions will arise to motivate them to do so, but it is far from impossible or improbable.

2 Likes

But did we ever completely heal from the Civil War?

Or the violent mini revolutions that occurred during the 1960s?

I dunno if we really ever did.

2 Likes

That is the usual argument supporting abortion. It doesnā€™t have to be all or nothing. Of course there are exceptions for rape, incest, life of the mother (verified), but that is such a tiny minority of abortion cases that is used to fog the discussion.

99+% of abortions are for the convenience of irresponsible people. Itā€™s also Big Business for Planned Parenthood that not only is paid to provide abortions but also sells the body parts.

1 Like

ā€œCompletelyā€ healing is impossible, at the end of the day folks love to bitch until things break and they have to put their money where their mouth is.

The issue we have today is that we have entered a new era of information and consumption which has given way to echo chambers on a scale not seen before.

The older generations are hyper sensitive to this change, the newer ones know the deal

1 Like

It was pretty much over until Obama came along and stirred up the hatred again. BLM is little more than the Black version of the Ku Klux Klan, and has done more to set back race relations than anything else.

2 Likes

You must be joking, right?

1 Like

I guarantee California can survive a divorce far better than whatever state you live in.

1 Like

I donā€™t know, I have a lot of ressentiment against progs and the incessant impositions.

3 Likes

[quote=ā€œWuWei, post:29, topic:242391ā€]

But you (and me) are not here indefinitely. and ā€œprogsā€ may not be either. Or their impositions will be tolerated by an indoctrinated generation.

Some differences are intrinsic, but the bulk of the partisan war is induced. And subject to modification.

1 Like

Anything urban in Los Angeles is a cesspool. I was on Hollywood Blvd. last night at the Chinese theater and it was like going to any leftist pig sty. You could smell the street people Fentanyl breath.

The only good Hollywood news is the Cinerama Dome is reopening, but they might as well be doing swap meets because the movies are most all low grade now. Leftists ruin anything they can. Itā€™s their natureā€“their genetics and karma.

I thought Fentanyl was odorless ?

1 Like

States with abortion laws on the books that make no exception for rape or incest: AL, AR, FL, KY, LA, MO, OK, OH, SD, TN, TX. MS permits abortion for rape, but does not specify incest.

States that make no exception for the health of the mother: ID, SD, AR.

So, not sure where you get your info, but itā€™s flat out wrong.

Concerning your 99% stat, where is this from? If a woman decides to have an abortion because she lacks the financial means to raise them, is that irresponsible? If a woman is already caring for a disabled child and not only financially strapped, but unable to provide sufficient resources to care for another child (that may or may not be disabled as well), is that irresponsible? If the woman is in an abusive relationship that they donā€™t want to bring a child into, is that irresponsible?

Personally, I donā€™t believe in abortion, but I am pro-choice because I canā€™t fathom the level of arrogance one must possess to dictate what another person can do, or not do, with their own body.

6 Likes

From an economic standpoint Purp is right though.

The only three states who go it completely alone is California, Texas, and New York.

Every other state would most likely join with other states to form new republics. The Deep South, New England, the midwestern states, and the Pacific Northwest states would probably join their neighbors to economically compete with the Big 3.

Instead of one republic we would have over a dozen.

Not in the body of bums and trash

GDP votes Democratic. Itā€™s not even close. Bidenā€™s counties represented 70% of the gross domestic product. Many red states would be ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  without government money.

1 Like

The government of CA and NY are involved in criminal money.

What will be the global currency if this happens?

Scalps

But not Texas?