The National Divorce

Supporting Ukraine is a selfish decision on America’s part- not altruistic. They are the ones doing the fighting. But I can discuss that on another thread.

US is not Switzerland ,

Allan

it is in the nations interest to back the big z.

Allan

I see no reason to think that would happen. We could funnel off the crazies to Texas and return to saner times…when Republicans won all the time.

If were gonna do it, I’d split california into two or three, absorb D.C. (outside from the capital complex) into Maryland, and deal with P.R.

Obviously, reapportionment would be required. While we were at it, I’d increase the number of reps and peg it to population. @Safiel has talked about this.

I’m just saying if the GOP lost 38 electoral votes each cycle it would lead to Dems regularly winning the presidency. Dems already have won every popular vote but one since 1988. That would spell doom for the GOP.

Trump is from NYC, not Texas.

Pretty much every one of them was well acquainted with the person who killed them. And a large share of them were not much better people than the person who killed them. Most of them engaged in the same sort of criminal activities as their killer.

My point stands, with distance from killers comes safety from killers. Random street crime, car-jacking, home invasion, etc., that results in murder by strangers is virtually unknown up here. But you keep thinking the way you do. I don’t want you thinking you would be safer here than in New Jersey or your highly and oft touted NYC.

Exactly where might that be?

and here. most murderers know their victims.

Allan

Maybe short term

For sure- things change. Demographics change.

And they live next door to you.

multiple locations in alaska. the 18 leaks have occurred on the trans alaskan pipeline in the last 20 years.

leaks happen.

Allan

No there hasn’t. There has been four or five (all many years ago,) and two of those were caused by human sabotage. There have been small leaks at some pump stations and in feeder lines, but the TAPS has been near perfect. Even the magnitude 7.9 earthquake in the Alaska Range in 2002, which produced an 18-foot lateral movement where the TAPS crosses the fault, did not cause a leak.

Why are you so obsessed about things in Alaska … things you know so little about? It’s starting to sound like sour “envy” grapes.

2 Likes

Much preferable to the massive NJ landfills.

1 Like

there hasnt been a murder in dover for over 10 years. next.

murder rate 0%

Allan

Sure about that?

1 Like

manslaughter is not murder.

Allan

Stop.

2 Likes

Hilarious.

2 Likes