The Mormon Church has stockpiled $100 Billion

How do you know that?

Totally agree–a quite well-rounded sense of humor.

1 Like

Does any entity that spends trillions need more taxes?

Hello! It is… God!

Yes…meaning God knows all there is to know as soon as it is knowable. When was the Mormon’s billion dollar ‘stockpile’ knowable?

In the words of Isaiah, God knows “the end from the beginning” (Isaiah 46:10). As such, God’s knowledge is exhaustive, including even those things yet future (cf. Job 37:16; Psalm 139:1–6; 147:5; Hebrews 4:12–13).

Note, these are all talking about God’s plans, not the plans of mankind, nor of individuals. God knows His plans, no question. We also know God’s plans will supersede any plans of mankind, no question. But scripture does not address when God knows the plans of any individual or entity of mankind.

Sorry, but scripture is quite clear. God’s knowledge is exhaustive…it is not limited to his plans.

You will notice scripture references God’s own plans. It makes no mention that God also knows what you you will have for each meal three weeks from next Tuesday. Just saying we don’t know such things from scriptures. Some reach the conclusion that God does, but scripture does not specifically address it.

Well, that is certainly one of the frustrating things about the Bible…or really any religion. People interpret things very differently.

But God’s need for money seems to be pretty clear. Imagine that.

Call it the Book of Mammon.

I have a honest question.

I was told that when you join that you have to sign your property over to the church.That you can say keep it until your death but then it goes to the church.

Is that True? :thinking:

p.s. That info came from a fellow who was engaged to a girl who was Mormon and was going through the process to be a member but balked at that point.

I have no way of knowing if that is true. I am just curious and respectfully asking.

No it is NOT true

That does however sound like a group that was in Southern Utah (I thought they were all jailed at this point) that were requiring that to join their religion. They were claiming to be an offshoot of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints – but that was sketchy at best.

Thanks for clearing it up for me. I had no idea and was curious.

The money is being used for such a time as this. Planes have been chartered to get people home. Vast quantities of food and other necessities have been given to people in need all over the world. Bills are being paid for many who have lost their income.

As a full tithe player, I am happy and grateful that my consecration is put to good use. And don’t doubt for one second that our world will see more of this in the future.