The Making of the Fox News White House

It has ramped up for years now, and finally is the crazy-town we all have implored many fellow forumers to exit. It began with the promotion of “birtherism” by none other than Donald Trump, who was a regular guest on Fox & Friends. That was when the slide into being an illegitimate news organization really began, and has only worsened since.

The election of Obama and the astroturfing of the TEA party really put them squarely in the realm of propaganda.

The 2016 election cycle just put nitro in the tank of the car driving to crazy town

1 Like

Indeed. But even with the Tea Party, the Senior Executives, including Ailes and Murdoch himself, stood pretty firm in denying them an alignment with the group. Unlike what has now occurred, with people like Mr. Hannity appearing on stage with Trump at an election campaign rally. They are a long way from where they began.

I don’t know about that

FoxNews was really instrumental in giving the TEA party an outsized voice.

I seem to remember Fox being taken to task here (old forum) when it appeared they were the advance men for the TEA party gatherings

I only mean in regards to Fox personalities broadcasting from Tea Party rallies. It is covered in the article linked in the OP.

The CURRENT Department of Justice position is that Individual-1 (who ultimately embarked on a successful campaign for president of the United States) directed his lawyer to make a payment to Stephanie Clifford in violation of U.S. campaign finance law.

That’s right. TODAY, the president’s own justice department lawyers hold that he committed a felony. How do you extract “fizzed” out of that fact?

1 Like

There is quite a distinct difference between the two. CNN, NBC, etc. are professional news organizations with professional standards basing their reports on fact and who know how to differentiate between news and opinion. There may be news professionals working at Fox, but you’d hardly know it.

And your laughing emojis will not get any response.

And where does that notion come from? It comes from Fox. And it’s not true because that’s not how the news business works. The real news business, that is.

Actually, I think that’s more true of the other side than the left. The number of commentators on the right far outweighs real news people. (That is not true on the left.) And news is not making general accusations without backing them up and calling it news.

And opinion shows on the left generally, though admittedly not always, get their analysis from credible experts – reporters, authors (though they can have their own biases depending …) and former government folks. Their opinion means a lot more than a pseudo judge who has a book to sell.

No…it comes from occasionally watching those DNC lapdogs.
And of course the emails that wikileaks distributed only verified the connection we all already knew existed between CNN an the DNC.

It’s actually a pretty simple and clear distinction. An anchor, on today’s news networks, pretty much says “Here’s what happened, and what people are saying about it.” A commentator says “Here’s what happened, and here’s what I think about it.”

Walk through the daily broadcast schedule for FOX, MSNBC, CNN, etc. and assign each hour-long block to one category or the other. The results may surprise you, and not in a way you’re going to like.

Which emails were those?

Only took about three minutes searching to come up with these:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wemple/wp/2016/07/24/wikileaks-emails-pro-clinton-cnn-political-commentator-pre-checked-op-ed-with-dnc/?utm_term=.03dd6fe7495b

Bill Shine, ex- Fox executive and current WH communications director has resigned to join the Trump campaign.

I guess he couldn’t get security clearance. :rofl:

Maybe he’s trying to distance himself from the symbiotic relationship between Fox and the administration.

Highly doubtful, he’s going straight to fat donald’s re-election campaign.

Remember, this is the party that held up Republican voter fraud as proof democrats were wrong about voter fraud.

They think differently.

1 Like

You might be right.

https://twitter.com/acosta/status/1104068878357983235?s=21