The left’s delusion on illegal immigration in the west

Will all due respect, ask the freee market

Punt noted.

What punt? Are you not a libertarian with a healthy respect of the free market?

If it were truly a “free market” issue, it wouldn’t be couched with words like “diversity” and businesses wouldn’t be claiming they “can’t find qualified applicants” here.

Your second point is silly. Qualified means cheap as to diversity i agree once you introduce government they start to qualify And H1b visas are hardly based on merit.

I don’t care though. Give me your tired your your poor. I am one of them. Uneducated at 11 but then given a chance. It is emotion that drives us liberals it’s not rationality when it comes to this subject but it is a good emotion. Just ask those starving Irish

And if we were taking care of our own I’d agree with you. But we’re not, because cheap labor. And those legal immigrants who came decades before actually worked towards being citizens. This new crop just wants everything handed to them while denouncing the country they’re coming to in droves. Hardly a valid comparison.

This is a fundamental disagreement or i wouldn’t even go further misunderstand. That those who come want a handout, quantify it for me.? How many?

A majority of them. Did you miss the “day without a Mexican” protests or something?

We were talking legal and illegal immigration and you come back to me with this? What percentage of those who land on this continent want handouts? How many Irish, Jews, Polish were accused of the same? How many were accused of being leeches, roaches, rats?

You mad a hell of an assertion. It’s not based on reality

As I lay me down to sleep an Edit button i wish to keep

1 Like

“Open borders advocates?” Where did that come from? Are you saying that people who either see legal immigration as a positive thing, or are unhappy with the way illegal immigrants (specifically children) are treated in some way equates to advocating for open borders?

Obviously I am referring to illegal immigration. I don’t want what is happening throughout Europe to hit the U.S.

We literally could be seeing the beginning of the end of the EU, all because of mass migration was it worth it? My own belief is a country should take care of their own citizens before allowing millions to flood accross the border illegally. It seems the citizens of Europe have been coming to this conclusion as well election after election.

The words of a poet, stuck on a statue that was gift from France, not law, not national doctrine, not anything enshrined in our founding documents.

The US allows more legal immigration each year than any other nation on earth and has throughout our history.

This discussion has nothing to do with legal immigration.

You can’t be serious. What do you think the big blowup about DACA was over? It wasn’t about legal immigrants. They come here illegally, demand education, housing, healthcare, jobs, etc. etc. while waving Mexican flags and talking ■■■■ about our country. Try coming back to reality yourself before preaching to me about it. :roll_eyes:

Then why do you include issues with legal immigration in your initial post? Brexit was partially in response to the perceived unchecked influx of legal immigrants per EU policies, not illegal immigration. The same goes for Germany in regard to concerns over legal immigration/refugees.

Some of your bullet points need some explaining, like how you got your numbers for 11-13. Taking complex political environments from multiple countries and equating all change to illegal immigration is going to need more supporting evidence.

You have yet to provide any evidence to your original assertion that most immigrants are coming here to receive hand outs and yet you are telling me to come back to reality.

You feel that most of them are coming here for a handout. That’s about as far as your argument goes

And we should continue to do so.

It’s unclear because if you are talking about labor replacement that could include legal immigration as well.

In fact plenty of times on this and the old board the discussion often switched to not only stopping illegal but also legal migration

Not “immigrants”, Illegals. I thought I was pretty clear on that.